“Average for a supposed 5 star property”

St Laurn Meditation & Spa
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Shirdi
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Average for a supposed 5 star property”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The short version is that this is a 5 star property with 4 star service and 3 star maintenance. For a recently opened property (2-3 years old), this place is deteriorating fast. That is probably why they cannot command rates like the Sun n Sand. I have previously stayed at the Sun n Sand and that hotel is superior on service, breakfast spread and maintenance. However, there are positives- for the low rate, the room itself is spacious and well done. Do not expect everything to function, our door lock was broken (had to make do with the latch), there was no locker in the room, they brought one on demand but just kept it in the cupboard (I could lift it and move it easily, it was not fastened/bolted) and the towels were well worn out. Other than that, the room and sleep quality were quite good.

The staff gets an A grade for effort but the property is poorly maintained. The breakfast spread was not as luxurious as Sun n Sand but that was not an issue for us (we had two kids aged 1 and 3 and they gave us what we wanted). We had food ordered for dinner and it was fine. For a night's stay, this place is not bad but I would not be fooled by the tag of Luxurious meditation spa that you see them advertise. Never used the shuttle service since we had a car and driver but I believe that this service is fine. The staff tries their best to make up for the lack of maintenance but that cannot make up for poor upkeep and systems/processes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GM_STLAURN, General Manager at St Laurn Meditation & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We, the team of St Laurn Meditation & Spa are very happy to see your compliments on trip advisor We are sorry for the inconvenience caused due to technical problem occured in the safe deposit locker & double lock of the room. We rectified the problems. We look forward to see you again with all the blessings of” SAI BABA”

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been going to Shirdi since many years. I stayed at St Laurn for the 1st time with my family (wife and 2 small kids). Undoubtedly, this has been my best spiritual pilgrimage till date and St Laurn has definately added lots of value to our stay.
Staff - Extremely courteous. The have a Guest Relations Executive who is readily available for guiding us about anything we need. The restaurant's staff was very co-operative and customised food for me and my family. They made special things for children (as per their taste).
Resort - The resort is very spacious and kid friendly. They have a huge play area for kids. They have an excellent pool and rain dance area (which was operated for 15 mins especially for my kids). There is a lot of greenry in the resort.
Rooms - they are excellent and very spacious that make it very comfortable.
It is an A+ resort to stay in. I have already reccomended this for further stay for all people with kids as well as other age groups.
Special feature - an enchanting temple in the hotel complex where all Arti's of baba are done (along with Mangal Snan). Soothing music / tunes of Baba are being played in the background all day.
The Meditation Room - it is charged with a lot of positive energy.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor are prefereable as they are close to the temple, the restuarant, the play area...
2 Thank DrAnuragSingh
GM_STLAURN, General Manager at St Laurn Meditation & Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We, the team of St Laurn Meditation & Spa are very happy to see your compliments on trip advisor . we look forward to see you again with all the blessings of” SAI BABA”
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

St Laurn for Shirdi is 5 STAR hotel. It is compared to the likes of sun N sand. The room sare available at 2600/ nett guess during offseason which is lower than the competitors and good quality in the hotel. The hotel provides pick up & drop to the temple all through and is free of cost. The hotel organises aarti everyday in the premises and they have a good sit our aread with sai baba. Very holy hotel and resembles the city unlike some other competitors. This makes the hotel very speacial.

2 Thank Akashgupta30
Cuttack, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

When we enter in the hotel the "silence please " symbol make us very pleasant . After entering to hotel the atmosphere was very pleasant and religious . My family feel very homely . We send that evening in spa . The spa was very calm & quite as required . We have our diner which was also very good . But in morning the turning point was the morning breakfast . In broad daylight we came to the fact . We found one insect in food which was clearly visible and we ask to check it but after seeing the insect no response was there . Which was totally not excepted in such type of property . Then I ask the manager she also not give any remark and told me I will talk to manager . Hear I want to tell some thing . We are well aware about three word ( in hospitality.) sorry , excuse me & thank you . That they don't know I think . Also the property was very very good but the people are maintaining very badly , it either having lack of knowledge , interest & bad intention . But the management should think of it . It's not only my problem I discussed that day some of gusted the same was there . The management please wake up and do the needful .

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SRBiswal
GM_STLAURN, General Manager at St Laurn Meditation & Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear sir,
We the team of ST.LAURN Meditation and Spa are feeling very sorry to hear from you …We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and we wish to serve you better in your next visit .Hopefully we expect you to kindly please visit our Resort and give us an opportunity to serve you better. We wish you all the Blessings of shri Sai shower on you.

Regards
RaviNair.
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

St Laurn Shirdi is very economical 5 star luxury. Room tariff n spa rates are quite reasonable. Swimming pool is good. Even Rooms are very spacious n feel is too good.Entire shirdi gives great feel of sai baba enchants. Hotel itself has sai temple.and they have morning n evening Aartis.Gym is also good.

Room Tip: City facing Rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Upendramp
GM_STLAURN, General Manager at St Laurn Meditation & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Sir,
We, the team of St Laurn Meditation & Spa are very happy to see your compliments on trip advisor. we look forward to see you again with all the blessings of” SAI BABA”

RAVI NAIR
Valsad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

though not close to the temple, it is a great place to stay. they arrange for pick up and drop off. food is good and the rooms are large and comfortable. great value for money. the morning and evening pujas are worth attending.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anand D
GM_STLAURN, General Manager at St Laurn Meditation & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Sir,
We, the team of St Laurn Meditation & Spa are overwhelmed of your compliments. we look forward to see you again and hope to have the pleasure in serving you and your family in the near future also.

Ravi Nair
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed there with my family for 3 nights. I was quite impressed with the staff, especially this girl by the name of Uma Katyayani, who's a guest relation officer.My experience is good throughout my stay especially the different baba pooja's that we get to see and participate.If i can relate one incident which really made me give them a thumbs up, is when they offered me alternatives with rooms when I requested for additional things.Although I did not take them, but I appreciate her effort in offering solution.Great work Uma...Keep it up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir,
Our team of St Laurn are immensely pleased to see your comments on Tripadvisor and we thank you very much for selecting our property for your stay. We hope to have the pleasure in serving in near future also and sincerely pray Sri Sai Baba to shower all his blessings on you and your family.
Ravi Nair