Neemrana is a fort located on a small hill, off the Delhi Jaipur Highway. It's a good weekend trip from Delhi, about 2 to 2.5 hours drive. One has to pass through a small village to reach the Fort. Neemrana brands itself as a 'non-hotel', and that might be the apt description. It doesn't look like a regular hotel and in many ways doesn't function like one. The Fort is amazing, built into the hill side, and well maintained. One doesn't realize which parts of the fort have been restored, and which parts are newly added. It looks beautiful, has lots of great little nooks and corners to discover, green spaces to sit and enjoy and many meandering pathways & staircases to explore! The staff is polite and helpful, and even gave us a free upgrade. Also the management has put good effort at building a culture of music & art around this special space. They often hold evenings of folk music & dance (usually on weekends) in the open air amphitheater framed with lit-up torches. We enjoyed one evening of Punjabi Folk songs by Madan Gopal Singh, and it was a unique experience to sit through this beautiful performance under a starlit sky in a 15th Century fort! During the day, there's the swimming pool to keep the kids busy, there are audio tours & Flying Fox organized adventure activities. It has to be kept in mind that it doesn't function like a regular luxury hotel, so first say goodbye to room service! And the menu's pretty limited apart from the Lunch & Dinner. These buffets are 'not bad-not great', so do not go there expecting great culinary experiences. It is also not a place for people who have problem climbing too many stairs, because the topography of the property is such that there's a lot of climbing up & down stairs to go from anywhere to anywhere in the fort. Look at the pictures-its clear enough. The rooms are basic, simple & clean. Again, its a good stay if you're not looking for great luxury. Would I go there again?- Certainly! It's a unique weekend getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the last three decades, the ‘Neemrana’ of the stunningly restored 15th century Fort-Palace, has come to mean many things. For architects it is a unique example of utter waste turned into a 14-tiered marvel with palace wings, courts and stepped gardens, felicitated with national and international awards. For guests, it means discovering over five centuries of history experienced with modern comforts. Only 100 kms from Delhi, just off the main highway NH8 to Jaipur, Neemrana Fort-Palace is a favourite site for celebrations, feasts, conferences, a quiet retreat for yoga and relaxation or India’s first site where you can indulge in five thrilling zip-line tracks that literally fly you in the sky. Built since 1464 CE, on a plateau of the two billion year old Aravalli ranges, this 14-tiered property sprawls across 10 green hectares / 25 acres. For guests, this offers 72 rooms / suites, 3 conference halls (Jazam, Qanat & Kasturi), hanging gardens, arched pavilions and balconies. The upper levels of the northern wing of the Fort-Palace can now be accessed from the car park by a 110 feet high lift which leads by the Saat Bagh to a second box lift. This architectural wonder can now also be enjoyed by the elderly and the less-abled who can be shown the upper parts carried on a palanquin chair by four able men ! Neemrana Fort-Palace has two spectacular pools that lean out to the sun. The upper pool is heated in the winter months to take the enjoyment of sunsets to another level. An intimate play area for young toddlers & the adjacent Neemrana eco-farm have been added recently so that you consume healthy organic food. Try our Maha Burj gold-platter thali for Rajasthani cuisine, or the buffet with a variety of cuisines that suits many palates. Wander the 2.4 hectares/6 acres of Palace with a self-guided multimedia tour. Ride a camel/camel cart or a vintage car. Walk out to the 16th century step well which descends 7 floors into the earth. Feel a new Indian high. To have you here is to share our life’s vision of how ruins can revitalise a whole region. Neemrana not only strive to revive and restore the heritage structure but it also generates jobs and economic opportunities hiring and consuming locally. It is no wonder that Neemrana has been listed in the 100 things you must do on the planet Earth before its time for you to leave it ! But when this list was made, only one Neemrana existed – now there are 23 ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Neemrana Fort-Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neemrana Fort-Palace Hotel Alwar
- Neemrana Fort Palace Rajasthan
- Neemrana Fort-Palace Alwar, India - Rajasthan