A one night stop over at the Neemrana Fort Palace Hotel was enough to recall history and dive into memories of the regal era. The Fort Hotel is maintained well and the uniqueness of the rooms are they are all individually laid out and decorated with theme names. We stayed in the Meru room which was perched on the higher side of the fort with a small sit out overlooking the hills. There are no five star comforts of room service but their evening tea time with cookies served in the verandah was a beautiful experience with birds and peacocks around. The only problem we faced was the Meru room had too much of small furniture placed all over, resulting into a bit of cramped living. The meals served in the dining hall were delicious, especially dinner outside in the courtyard with hundreds of lights at night lit all over was mesmerising. The hotel is a good stay for a night or two as there is nothing much to do other than the stay. The room tariff are pretty high and so are the charges of meals. They do not serve a la carte menu so one has no choice but to have their buffet spread which is priced on steep side. Other than that a great place to relax and enjoy the bygone royal era experience in India..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the last three decades, the ‘Neemrana’ of the stunningly restored 15th century Fort-Palace, has come to mean many things. For architects it is a unique example of utter waste turned into a 14-tiered marvel with palace wings, courts and stepped gardens, felicitated with national and international awards. For guests, it means discovering over five centuries of history experienced with modern comforts. Only 100 kms from Delhi, just off the main highway NH8 to Jaipur, Neemrana Fort-Palace is a favourite site for celebrations, feasts, conferences, a quiet retreat for yoga and relaxation or India’s first site where you can indulge in five thrilling zip-line tracks that literally fly you in the sky. Built since 1464 CE, on a plateau of the two billion year old Aravalli ranges, this 14-tiered property sprawls across 10 green hectares / 25 acres. For guests, this offers 72 rooms / suites, 3 conference halls (Jazam, Qanat & Kasturi), hanging gardens, arched pavilions and balconies. The upper levels of the northern wing of the Fort-Palace can now be accessed from the car park by a 110 feet high lift which leads by the Saat Bagh to a second box lift. This architectural wonder can now also be enjoyed by the elderly and the less-abled who can be shown the upper parts carried on a palanquin chair by four able men ! Neemrana Fort-Palace has two spectacular pools that lean out to the sun. The upper pool is heated in the winter months to take the enjoyment of sunsets to another level. An intimate play area for young toddlers & the adjacent Neemrana eco-farm have been added recently so that you consume healthy organic food. Try our Maha Burj gold-platter thali for Rajasthani cuisine, or the buffet with a variety of cuisines that suits many palates. Wander the 2.4 hectares/6 acres of Palace with a self-guided multimedia tour. Ride a camel/camel cart or a vintage car. Walk out to the 16th century step well which descends 7 floors into the earth. Feel a new Indian high. To have you here is to share our life’s vision of how ruins can revitalise a whole region. Neemrana not only strive to revive and restore the heritage structure but it also generates jobs and economic opportunities hiring and consuming locally. It is no wonder that Neemrana has been listed in the 100 things you must do on the planet Earth before its time for you to leave it ! But when this list was made, only one Neemrana existed – now there are 23 ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Neemrana Fort-Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neemrana Fort-Palace Hotel Alwar
- Neemrana Fort Palace Rajasthan
- Neemrana Fort-Palace Alwar, India - Rajasthan