“"Is Bhangarh Fort Haunted" Huh! or just a Myth ?”
Review of Bhangarh Fort

Bhangarh Fort
Ranked #2 of 31 things to do in Alwar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: UNEXPLORED BHANGARH FORT ALWAR UNEXPLORED SARISKA Unexplored sariska group presents gypsy safari tours in Sariska Tiger Reserve including BHANGARH FORT Game drive on off beaten tracks of only dense forest of Rajasthan. As we were in wildlife conservation since years it brought us to introduce you with essence of mother nature through heritage routes that were close since state times. In our team,we have expert professionals(nature guides,drivers,bird watchers),dedicated to share their experience of wildlife of sariska with you and confident to make you feel wonder!!!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 20, 2013

On my way reaching towards the Bhangarh fort I saw vehicles moving in the opposite direction not even a single car was on our lane as it was 4 pm and only a fool would dare stay there after sunset. Famous for its ghost stories and activities Bhangarh fort attracted me and my friends (all Boys) towards it and I am sure that you must know that wired story about the fort (which I never believed in). On reaching the fort me and my friends started examining its structure(typical engineer) whatever was left there, going through all the passes(even the secret one) but still I felt there were much more of them which my friend could not discovered nor do I, while moving around I founded a Hanuman temple inside the fort itself but to my utter surprise it possessed no statues of any God I could not believe it at first how it could be possible for a temple to be without any statues of Gods, that though itself gave me Goosebumps. Did the gods even feared to stay in the fort even in the day time, lately I was told by the locals that that statues were taken away as it is a common belief among the local people that the place is cursed by a Tantrik who could not get the princess as her wife and blah blah (still felt that was just a story nothing else),I was also told earlier that its unsafe for humans to stay inside the fort after the sunset or else it would result in the end of one’s life. However We get to know the exact reason from the guard of the fort, Mr.Swami a local guard said that he never experienced presence of any ghost here inside in his years’ time serving as a guard moreover he admits that the place is surely cursed but there is nothing like ghost activities in forts as most of us would have heard during our journey to Bhangarh and for which it is famous for, he said the main reason behind not allowing anyone to stay here after the sunset was not ghosts but the wild animals like Panthers and tigers that can surely harm you more than a mare ghost and I myself found that answer pretty logical because I knew that the fort was surrounded by the Sariska tiger reserve. Yet we wanted to stay inside the fort for a night just to confirm that all the stories about this fort was true or was it just a myth, it took a while for us to convince our minds. Though not allowed we somehow managed to stay there and the time was around 8 pm but it was reasonably bright out there in the fort as it was the night of half-moon I could see the monkeys sitting on the trees and can hear some voices here and there maybe that was monkeys only or the tigers though we didn’t know the exact reason behind it , time passed by and we didn’t found anything strange there in the fort, the weather was cold in the night time and there was a cool breeze blowing, though that was a brave attempt by all of us to stay there the whole night but of us slept that night. The morning was even more beautiful than I had expected it to be I heard the sweet voice of birds, noises made by the monkeys while playing on the trees and it was proved that the story was a myth as we all survived. It was party time for all of us as it was an achievement for us after relaxing a bit we all went out to have our breakfast, while eating the breakfast we continuously chatted about our daring stunt performed that night, on hearing that an old aunty came to us she had wrinkles all over her face, had a fair complexion but her back was bended maybe due to her old age, so she approached us and asked that did we really stayed a whole night in the fort and our answer was yes (with proud). She immediately encountered us that if there was any girl with us during our stay I was like what did she meant to say by that? We are not such kind of boys I thought in my mind.My friend said no we are all boys group and what she said next gave me huge Goosebumps…She said “beta agar tumhare sath koi ladki hoti tab tumme pata chalta ki saari kahaniyan fort ke bare mei sachi hai ya nhi ….What meant by saying that I immediately asked her, Her reply was “kuch nhi beta bas asie hi bol diya” .But One thing was sure that there was something in her mind which she didn’t told us. But her words left me thinking that Is the Bhangarh fort more dangerous for girls…than for boys if it is so than why? Well I didn’t got a logical answer till now.Though I don’t l believe fully in that aunty’s words but Still I personally advices girls to don’t stay at the Bhangarh fort at night no matter how daring you are.

Date of experience: October 2012
"paranormal activities"
in 8 reviews
"banyan trees"
in 7 reviews
"archaeological survey of india"
in 11 reviews
in 15 reviews
"sariska tiger reserve"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Visited with my whole team in Dec'12. We were a pack of 6 and we were very excited to visit Bhnagarh aka The most Haunted Place in India!!

The trip started from Alwar and was frankly a horrible one basis the roads that we drove through as they were in their worst possible condition until we reached the dry Aravali mountains. The scenic beauty was awesome and we were completely astonished to see 3 lakes mid-way to Bhangarh, all very serene - shockingly clean and huge. Finally after reaching Bhangarh our hearts were simply throbbing to face or feel something Paranormal which we couldnt somehow. Though as soon as you step into the fort premises you'd definitely feel a bit uneasy with an inner feeling that something isn't correct somewhere.
While visiting the temples we could see them destroyed in some way or other which definitely was a wrong picture for us.

We hired 1 of the car stand's worker and being a localite we felt that he would know more than anybody else.

He showed and described all places very nicely as he knew them well being present on a daily basis outside the fort.

The fountain which we would feel is a drinking pond at the 1st look has it's own story behind it. Asper the localite the fountain's pond was actually the bathing area for the beautiful queen who stayed in Bhangarh. He asked us if we would like to see the source of the fountain in the forest and we readily agreed. Initially the forest was creepy but we kinda liked the dampness and we finally had a glance of the little stream of water that was coming from the tree roots.

While returning back our BIGGEST adventure showed up without even visiting Sariska. We had an encounter with a leopard (wild animals generally visit the pond in the forest to drink water asper the locals). We literally shouted our guts out and the animal ran into the deeper forest. But this adventure was far more than we could have expected to go through or experience in Bhangarh.

Bhangarh in actuality is a ruined archaeological site with many folklores running around. It seems to be gaining some commercial mileage now a days as buses full of tourists visit this place to feel the spookiness. 2/3 temples dont have any idols in it and you can see monkeys, deers or langurs running around the ruins always. Beautiful architecture i must say in the 3 temples and a must visit too but i dont think any wise and able minded person would like to visit this place in dark night when you are at risk of facing leopards, hyenas or even wolves all through the way and with the worst possible roads going up & down the hills - i wouldnt like to go even if there is something spooky or not.

Overall a great encounter with the leopard and the uneasiness simply vanished when we stepped out of the fort gates.

Date of experience: December 2012
36  Thank Rahul B
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was very excited to visit this place, since i had read lot of stories on internet and this place is rated as the most haunted place in India, but my excitement ended as soon as i landed this place. i don't agree completely with the myth about this place. First there are mainly ruins of the town that existed at the time it was capital of Madho singh (Brother of Man Singh, Raja of Jaipur) and not much structure of fort is left now. Second there is no GHOST here ! Stories might have been cooked up, i am not sure. Place looks beautiful in rainy season as it it surrounded by mountains on three sides and you will witness lots of greenery. Since i have seen almost all forts in rajasthan i wont rate this fort much but if are coming Jaipur and don't have time to visit Jodhpur Jaisalmer and Udaipur, you must visit this place else you can just skip it. Basically there are two routes from Jaipur. One is via NH11 and other via SH55. It is around 80km from Jaipur. Ride is bumpy via SH but fun. There is no accommodation or restaurant in the vicinity of fort.I hope this info would be helpful !

Date of experience: April 2013
39  Thank praveen46
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The ruins are very desolate and the langurs and other animals there definitely scare you during the night. Although its not allowed to visit there in the night, one can go there during the evening and stay late which is probably the best time.

Date of experience: January 2013