“Lovely meal”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went for dinner and enjoyed the set price menu. The food was fresh and delicious, we loved the cocktails and the service was excellent. A lovely evening.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I decided to try their lunch time menu, £15 for 2 courses from a set menu. I had the ham hock Ballantine for starters and my wife had the roast fennel and courgette salad, both were stunning and just the right size for a starter. for main I had the whole mackerel while my wife went for the confit chicken. Again both meals were stunning, the mackerel was cooked to perfection and the as was the confit chicken. And to top this off the service was top notch, friendly and professional, we were offered a local larger which they allowed us to taste first to see if we liked it, we did. Overall we had a really good visit and would definitely go back. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Read some good reviews of this place so finally gave it a try. I went on a weekday lunchtime (with the mrs) and it was mainly suits in there who occupied most of waiting staff's time. Long time to take our order and ask if we wanted a drink. Starters were nothing memorable (I can't remember what I had) but the problems came when we had our main course. The mrs had risotto which was undercooked (not 'al dente', undercooked) so she sent it back. I had to continue eating or my food would have gone cold in the 15 mins it took them to cook the rice properly. So we pay top dollar to eat a birthday meal but not at the same time. When the risotto was taken away, no apology but a quizzical look on the waiter's face as if to say "are you sure?".
Never mind, he'll apologise when he brings the (properly cooked) risotto back. Nope.
I didn't bother with the dessert. I just paid the bill and left no tip.
One day, these silly jumped up waiters might realise if they show a little humility, it can pay dividends.

3  Thank Tony B
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I really like the atmosphere here, its a pub/bar and yet classic like an eatery so the two blend well creating a modern feel.
The steak and chips are my favourite dish and very good indeed, always look forward to my that! The service always been ok here. The prices are reasonable.

Worth a try if your in the area.

1  Thank Cupcakebrown1983
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely sunny afternoon for a relatives birthday party. We had a marque in the garden with buffet style food. The staff were polite and friendly , nothing too much trouble.