“Expensive and over rated”
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in West Malling
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have eaten here several times over the last few years and always feel the same. The food is just good, it is nothing amazing or special and is definately over priced. We were very disappointed on a recent visit with friends that their wasn't a main vegetarian option on the menu. When we asked what they could offer a vegetarian, we were told a lentil and goats cheese salad was the only option. This is very poor, of a restaurant of this supposed standard and reputation. There are other restaurants locally which are of better quality, choice and price.

1  Thank holiday24Uk
There are newer reviews for The Swan

Reviewed February 10, 2013

For a special meal this is the place to visit the menu is fantastic and the food is prepared with meticulous detail.
The selection of wines are excellent with expert advice and knowledge from all the waiting staff.
Andrew, Ilona, Emilia, Luca & Rosa

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I'm limited in where I can eat as so many pubs, etc serve Pub Grub out of packets & I'm allergic to additives, preservatives, etc. Also, what's the point in eating out when I can stay in & have my own good food? So what a joy to find a local Inn serving fresh local produce - and well-trained, professional, friendly staff too! And the prices are affordable.
I loved the non-alcoholic cocktails on the menu. What a good idea! And the wine list was excellent. A Slovenian wine. What a find. I love Slovenian wine!
Yes, The Swan is well worth visiting. And it has a colourful history too.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I finally went to this resturant after abut a year of friends telling me about it. I was really looking forward to it and it did not let me down. food was excellent with really great service. will come back again.

1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Four of us in total had a very enjoyable lunch here in The Swan. The set menu at £15 a head was perfect. Funnily enough we all had the same - a wonderful parsnip and celeriac soup followed by a hearty portion of yummy fish and chips! Delicious -and very good service. To top off a fab lunch the Chef had prepared a wonderful chocolate birthday cake for my friend - who was delighted!! We will return !!