“Posh Nosh in a Classy Environment - Highly Recommended”
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in West Malling
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Posh Nosh in a Classy Environment - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I haven't been here for a few years and I have to say that our recent visit was excellent.
4 of us booked a table for a Thursday night and the restaurant was fairly quiet.

The haddock rarebit tasted so good and two of us had the steak which has so much flavour. We all had dessert but really shouldn't of, it was just too much!!

Overall an excellent meal, with attentive and helpful staff.

The only downside was the bill, a little pricey but hey you do get what you pay for!

Highly recommended.

Sevenoaks Kent
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

To be honest we booked by mistake! We wanted another Swan in West Peckham but then asking Siri on my ipad for nearby restaurants it came up with the Swan in West Malling. We loved the decor and layout, very modern but also comfortable. Service was very attentive, maybe just a fraction too much but hey better than invisible staff. Good food, I had foie gras followed by beef wellington, this was cooked spot on. Price was top end for a country town around £145 with wine and service. We will go again soon.

• Visited January 2013
“When I want to feel pampered I book the Swan”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Perfect for a trendy hot date, or special occasion, celebration. I have eaten here lots and it never disappoints. Classy food, tasty and well presented. Perfect for the Friday night wind down or Saturday night dinner date. Great cocktail menu and perfect chateaubriand for two people.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Monday night, dinner for two”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I like The Swan in West Malling. I've been a couple of times and on a Monday night in January the bigger part of the restaurant was closed off making the five or six occupied tables much cosier. The set menu looked appealing but we just fancied a steak so off to the a la carte we went. Good meat, well cooked medium rare, great chips. Confident, attentive service without being intrusive. Only criticism (there's always one) was with the Corona; I've always thought it's best drunk out of the bottle but my companion wasn't given the option as our waiter poured away. Same with my Sierra Nevada. It's a really minor thing but stuck out as the only little fault in an otherwise great meal. A great restaurant, heartily recommended.

1 Thank offduty1970
Kent
“really classy!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Really classy place. great food, great staff , nice place. Hope to go hear again soon?! Thanks for a nice meal!

Visited September 2012