“As good as they said”

Nevill Bull
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in West Malling
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A traditional country pub in the pretty village of Birling, just outside West Malling. All food ingredients are sourced and purchased by Andy. Our chefs take great pride in preparing our dishes from scratch using only the finest ingredients. See our Website for the latest menu. We have 3 hand pumps for real ales and have been in The CAMRA Good Beer guide for the last two years. We have a separate dining room which can be used for Birthday Parties and other family occasions. Our large patio is perfect for al fresco dining in the warmer months. Music events take place throughout the year which will be advertised on our website and Facebook page. A family friendly pub where everyone will be made extremely welcome by Andy. Dogs are also welcome and fresh water is always available for them after that long walk!
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were taken there by friends who raved about it. Didn't think it would be as good as they said, but it was great. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was good, but above all the food was excellent and came in very large portions. Couldn't fault it.

There are newer reviews for Nevill Bull

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My Wife and I have enjoyed a wonderful meal and social experience in this beautiful Pub, come restaurant.
All the food is prepared on the premises and cooked to perfection.

You just have to try it!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Warm and friendly atmosphere loved the fresh home cooked food was not rushed between courses. The staff are lovely atmosphere is perfect.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've not been here for a while but tonight was fish night, my favourite, so I had to go. And as always, the food, the service, the pub were unfaultable! With the fish comes chips, potatoes, peas AND mixed veggies - in fact probably a little too much but how pleasant to say "too much" instead of "not enough". Kate's food really is superb; home-made, excellent flavours, great variety and sooooo affordable. If you've not been, then you're really missing out on a great delight.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is the first time my wife and I had lunch at the Nevill Bull. We found the pub/restaurant via TripAdvisor. The dining area is small but very welcoming. To start, my wife had the classic prawn cocktail while I had the fish plater. My wife was very impressed with her starter which was full up with gorgeous king prawns. My fish plater was out of the world! I had a mini prawn cocktail alongside what I believe was languistine and herring with a side salad and crusty bread and butter. They complimented each other very well. For mains, my wife thoroughly enjoyed her minted lamb cutlets (boneless) with a selection of seasonal vegetables. I had the homemade steak and kidney pie which was glorious; made with puff pastry that melted in your mouth. Along with the large portion of steak and kidney it went down a treat!
The waitress was excellent and very accomodating. Price was a little on the high side but the food made it well worth the money. Do yourself a favour and visit - you will not be disappointed.