“Better value than costa”
Review of Mackenzies Cafe Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mackenzies Cafe Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I like to support the local community so when Costa Coffee opened up right next door to Mackenzies I wanted to show them my support as a local business. Now, I admit, you wone find comfy sofas here and in the 3 times I've eaten here the service hasn't been at it's best but....and this is a big but....I have never tasted pizza like this. The meat feast is so jammed with fresh produce it is far superior to anywhere else. My daughter had a baguette and it was very fresh along with the salad. So, yes, they could improve, but the food was excellent and I would rather give my money to them than manufactured rip off Costa.

1  Thank racgem

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We dined here last week and to be honest we were a little disappointed. the staff were too busy chatting to each other to serve customers and the food was bland. not what i had hoped it would be.

1  Thank Sprongers0711
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

An terrible cafe is the best I can say for this dive. The food is simply awful and despite calling themselves an Italian Restaurant, they can only manage to serve plastic cheese from a shaker as their answer to Parmesan. Overpriced rubbish is passed off as food by amateurs without a clue of what decent food and service is.

This is not only a million miles from being a restaurant, but also from being a cafe or the bistro it aspires to be.

Total rubbish. Save your money and get a kebab, a bag of chips or a burger - all of which would offer infinitely better value and quality.

1  Thank TheRealBollidear
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stay clear from this place, POOR SERVICE, AWLFUL FOOD, Place should be shut down!!!

1  Thank Dustydust
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Food has no flavour, takes forever to cook, kept going back in the hope it would improve as everytime I walk past the food looks amazing. Sony bother wasting your time and money, pub along the way is much better

1  Thank ljprice