“Why the bad reviews?”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I feel so bad for restaurants like Castle Lake when i come on trip advisor. The reviews you read here do not give an accurate impression of the restaurant, fair enough it's a Brewers Fayre so it will never be amazing, but i have been here several times and always been impressed. The team are friendly and professional, the food is great value with good variety and it is very family friendly.
Do not come here if you are after a quiet romantic meal out, and don't come here if you are expecting high quality table service, that is not what this brand is about. I spoke to a manager there the other day and he said Brewers Fayre is a value for money family restaurant and i think that sums it up perfectly.
Don't listen to the bad reviews, i love coming here and so do all my family and friends!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Cutlery availability awful No steaks knives available, poor service, bad communication about menu, do I need to say more !!!! No I would give it a miss next time, had to submit a 1 star under duress. ( burger van nearby lol )

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Been here lots of times. Complained to head office, sent a voucher but was so bad the second time. The toilets are minging. The food is not replenished quick enough and the staff have no interest in customer service. They would rather chat to each other and eat and drink behind the bar?? It's so poor and the staff make things worse. The place is dirty and they don't really care so I would advise to avoid this branch.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Arrrived at this restaurant only to walk through with a rather excited child to then discover a notice on the play area door that the play centre was shut for 4hours for a private party. Me, amongst other families had to explain to distressed kids as to why they were not allowed in while children from the private party were. A lady from the fun factory came out to explain it would be open at 3pm (this time was 11.30am) she was rather smug and said we could use the outdoor play in temperatures of 32 with No shade!
Maybe a sign entrance stating play area or a note online many families could of saved their child from being distressed. Needless to say we went elsewhere

1  Thank misscutie0800
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went for dinner on a Friday and it was appalling the food was awful it was cold and about 40 minutes late. We ordered 2 for 10 and then when we went to pay it was well over what we worked out then to be told they had made an error. Our drinks never arrived at the table I had to go up and get them and by the time I took them to my table the beer was very flat. Took my children into the play area told them to behave my child then got smacked and the lady in the fun factory done nothing. I demanded a refund and my child then played in the garden. I saw staff at the bar just chatting when there was lots of people to be served. When I went back to my table our food came and then once we had finished it took about 20-30 minutes for anybody to clean our table and even when they bought over my children's desserts they still didn't clean the table. The host at the door was very apologetic when we left because she asked us about our experience and we told her. Overall I would avoid this place like the plague it's not a good family restaurant do not waste your money!!!

3  Thank Criticoffo