“A nice little surprise”

The Farm House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farm House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in West Malling
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Farm House restaurant in West Malling is perfectly balanced ��� rustic and sophisticated, historic and up-to-date, traditional English and suavely continental. See what we mean? Built when QE1 was on the throne, The Farm House has an updated, trendy bar area, a pair of stunning dining rooms (one of them beamed), a sunny decked terrace and charming walled garden. The owners are committed to sourcing fresh, local ingredients of the highest quality, like the traditionally reared Kentish Limousin steaks with gratin dauphinois, tomato and French beans served with one of three sauces. You���ll even find Kentish wine on The Farm House���s excellent beer and wine list.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“A nice little surprise”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The menu was a little short, but it is a gastro pub. It was however all excellent. Everyone’s dish was great.

The pub and restaurant side were both nice, and the staff was excellent, attentive and cheery.

A nice surprise was the covered space out back. Thats what really grabbed the 5th star for me. It’s the best outdoor area I have ever seen in a pub beer garden!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MichaelT224
Aline K, Events at The Farm House Restaurant, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Farm House and took advantage of the garden while the weather was good!

With best wishes,

Kent, UK
“Biggest breakfast let down I have had”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I hope the owners read this and put things right. I've hesitated on writing this because I really couldn't believe it was as back as it was (I checked with my family and they agree with the picture I'm about to paint). I've stayed in lots of hotels and as a result I've had breakfast in a wide range of places. This was the worst breakfast I have had and also the most costly (twenty pounds per person!).
First the good bits. The staff were friendly although slow and not attentive. The room was OK. The orange juice was freshly squeezed and tasted so in a large glass.

I started with a cooked English breakfast. When it finally came, the single sausage was OK. The eggs were a little greasy and I wasn't asked how I wanted them. The black pudding was uncooked, not even warmed through. I like black pudding but this tasted awful. The bacon was thin, little and very fatty. It didn't taste that great but nearly covered the taste of the black pudding. There was less than a fork full of beans. We had to ask for butter for the toast and got margerine. It tasted awful. We couldn't even mask the poor tastes with sauce they finally brought so little of it.
The muesli was below average quality and the milk it came with (no choice) was warm.
Reading through I sound like a picky whinger, but we paid £20 each for disappointment. I don't mind paying, as long as people deliver. This place didn't deliver.
I really hope the owners sort it out.

2 Thank GlyderFawr
Aline K, Events at The Farm House Restaurant, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest,

I was very disappointed to read about your breakfast at the FarmHouse and I hope you will accept my apologies as well as the team, that the breakfast was not up to your expectations.

Your comments have been discussed at length and please do not hesitate to contact me at events@elitepubs.com should you wish to return to us in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant place for family lunch”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Really nice time with an interesting selection of food at a reasonable price. The only caution is that not all of the kid's menu is small kid friendly - lamb koftas way too spicy for our toddler but replaced free of charge.

Dear guest,

I am Delighted you enjoyed your family outing and thank you for your feedback with regards to kids menu, Chef has taken your comments on board , i would like once again to apologise for the inconvenience on the day.

Kent
“Contempary Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was great value, was recommended to order 4 for the 6 of us and there was certainly plenty, I liked the open sandwiches, was no problem to ask for more clotted cream or tea. We had so much we were given napkins to take home the leftover scones and cakes. The staff were very welcoming of the 2 year old and 6 month old baby which made a nice change.

Dear afternoon tea guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed the experience .

See you soon,

Ightham
“Happy new june”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Four of us ate in the restaurant downstairs on our first visit, had an excellent meal with good service and a lively atmosphere. The next visit we were taken upstairs only two tables were populated and they had gone by 9.30 , ok that's not the fault of the restaurant but they had music on a very short loop and we heard auld Lang syne 6 times before a waitress turned up and we asked her to turn it off, the fact that it was the middle of June made it even more perplexing, the food was still good but as we all know that's not everything in a restaurant .

• Visited June 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you for coming back to us and posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry we failed to create the atmosphere you first enjoyed in the dining area, this is definitely something we would look at and discuss within the team. As you mentioned atmosphere is very important and thank you for pointing this out.

With best wishes