“Ace food, but they need to get the temp right!”
Review of The Moody Mare

The Moody Mare
Reserve with OpenTable
The Moody Mare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in West Malling
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Offering pub Breakfast, lunches and casual dining, Live Entertainment every Friday typically motown and soul. Based on the outskirts of the picturesque village of Mereworth, The Moody Mare is an 18th Century Pub with exposed beams, oak tables and floors creating a cosy welcoming atmosphere. Being privately owned the standard of food is of the highest with award winning chefs and friendly front of house staff. Open Seven Days a Week and serving food all day from 9am. Our function room is available for private hire for wedding receptions, buffets, celebrations and business meetings
London, United Kingdom
“Ace food, but they need to get the temp right!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Second time at the restaurant and the food was once again exceptional. Both my partner and I had pork and my ribs were absolutely fantastic. There's a good selection of different types of food available - salads, pasta dishes etc. and if you're a Gin snob like me, I love the fact that you can get a decent G&T despite the fact its a local pub.

Only downside, which was also the case when I came back in December, is the fact it was freezing! This time, on a summer evening it was pleasantly warm but it was disappointing that all of the external doors were left open - brrr! When I came before last year we were in the extension and it really wasn't heated that well so I was a bit chilly then too!

Service is always really friendly, which I rate so highly, so its just the temperature that's the downside. Get that sorted and I'll be back every week! In the meantime customers, don't miss out, just bring a jumper!

1 Thank PBaker88

kent uk
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Once again a fabulous meal.We took friends for Sunday lunch we had the sharing platters to start fish and the meats wonderfully presented and a joy to eat,The men had the salmon my friend had roast beef which was perfectly cooked and i had roast pork but the chef had no crackling left but that didn't spoil the meal veg was perfect and the cauliflower cheese was the best i have ever tasted and roast potatoes to die for.All the staff were very attentive and professional and a credit to the manager Martin.we will be back soon.

1 Thank shootingKentUk
Dartford, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and friendly”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We took our mum out for her birthday meal. The service was brilliant - not pushy but there when we needed it. Food was lovely in both presentation and taste.
It was the first visit for all of us and definitely not the last!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Freefaller75
High halstow
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Great decor, we were looking forward to eating here after looking at the reviews. But sadly service was very slow, all our starters were disappointing (apart from the Camembert) I had the beetroot salad with only 4 small bits of beetroot and chef missed the pine nuts off. All the starters were more salad than substance. Mains were ok.. But came away feeling disappointed.

6 Thank Sophie G
Maidstone, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't listen to complainers!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We visited last night and as we were seated, someone in the restaurant was complaining over trivial things such as there being a napkin on the floor. It was obvious he was a professional complainer and just wanted a freebie and the staff dealt with him very well.
Anyway, after a great floor show by Mr Complainer, we found the service to be excellent, the food was great and we had a good laugh with the staff about Mr Complainer afterwards due to him being such a prat!
I would advise anyone to visit as this is a lovely pub with a super atmosphere - well done to the staff!!

• Visited July 2014