“Ok, but not great”

The Old Rectory Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 51 Restaurants in West Malling
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derby
“Ok, but not great”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A nice little local maybe and a quick pub lunch. Good parking. Poor quality food from another chain sending frozen packed food!
Visit the area regularly on work and have found other places in the area to be more enjoyable.
Larkfield Priory Hotel, Wealden Hall, Russel Hotel...worth a try in that order

• Visited March 2012
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Rectory Restaurant, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear LaurieSamson

Thank you for your feedback. It concerns us greatly to hear of your experience, please accept our apologies for the disappointment caused. Your comments have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team.

Many Thanks

Fayre & Square

London, United Kingdom
“Great Value for Money!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Been using this restaurant for years and only finally got down to writing a review. It is really good value for money as there was always plenty of food on each course. Many meals were in deals which meant it works out really cheap if there were a few of you eating. There's plenty of choices on the menu and the food was always hot and cooked well though occasionally it can get a little over-cooked, especially when they were really busy. You choose your food from the menu, make a note of your table number and then go up to the till to order your meals and drinks (and pay). The food and drinks were then brought to you by friendly staff, always with a smile.
It is a good, cheerful place for a value meal. Plenty of car parking and the building is lovely.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“regular!! love it.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

i live close by to this restraunt and find it very nice. we often go for the two for ten range. which is a bargin. most often i have the gamon and i must say for 5 pounds its really worth it. nice big portions and really nice bit of meat. very good value for money!

Sunshine coast
“Christmas Day Family Dinner”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I had Christmas day Lunch at The Old Rectory. This was the second year running, however I must say this visit on 25th December 2013 the food was utterly revolting. The service was dreadful and considering at the time we went there were only around five tables eating as most were going later this was unacceptable.
There were 12 of us and when booking we were told the restaurant was full and the only time available was 12noon. This however was not the case as we were informed on the day that we could have booked for any time as our table would not be used again that day unlike the year before, I would have far prefered to have eaten later at 14.00 as my partner and I had to travel up from Sussex on the same day. I had Soup for starter which had floating cheese & Toast on top, it was like dishwater. When the main came we had all chosen Tradition Christmas Lunch Turkey, well what a delight I can only say a serving on Frozen Fayre microwaved would have been a better title! the plates were over pilled far to much and I would suggest that I'm sure most would prefer a slightly smaller seerving of quality rather than a ready meal even the vegatables were heated from the freezer. I fully understand that when catering for large numbers this can be difficult, however at the price charged this was unacceptable. One of my relatives was treating us to this so therefore could not complain on the day I would just like to not Never Again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Adrian38
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Rectory Restaurant, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Adrian38

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these comments further with the Management Team. I have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks

Fayre & Square
Sevenoaks, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to eat.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Eat here quite often now,like the choice of menus.Food is good,and dont forget,they have a no quibble policy now,which means if you dont like it,they replace it.Cant be bad.The young staff are friendly and like a laugh and always,make sure your meal is ok.My favourite is ALISSIA,who always has a smile for you.and likes a laugh.A very pleasant eating place,something for everybody.And dont forget this is not expensive,well worth a visit,might see you there.

• Visited October 2012