Any negatives that I have picked up in previous reviews are really down to that persons own incompetence in researching the place they are visiting, or factors beyond the Villages influence.
Upon the recommendation of a previous reviewer, we upgraded to an apartment from a studio (extra £30 on the holiday cost, Jet2.com), this gave larger accommodation and better balcony area, often with sea views. Been abandoned at “The Well” by the package holiday appointed shuttle in NO fault of the village either – it’s only a very short walk from there to the village, so didn’t really take issue with that either.
Koutouloufari is an excellent, authentic village up in the hills with cobbled streets and an excellent choice of Tavernas, we ate out every night and NEVER had a bad meal – you really can choose according to your budget – expect average of 40 euro, two people, two courses, two beers and half litre of wine. Cheapest was 29 euro, dearest 63 euro, each worth it in their own right. The greatest plus been that there are NO theme bars or “English/Irish Pubs” – so pretty cosmopolitan and relaxed.
Anyway, back to Asterias Village, can’t fault it! Again, previous research showed that indeed, all you get is a kettle and double electric stove plus fridge. With the intention of eating lightly and then dining out each evening, didn’t really see anything else been necessary? Brilliant the way that the complex is laid out in a village style, complementing the locality very well. The Asterias Village is kept very clean and the staff are all very friendly, competent and efficient, a real asset to the place. Pool area was great and we weren’t forced to listen to hotel entertainers throughout the day, as there are none – peace and relaxation is the real deal here. Infirm travellers may want to enquire about higher up rooms, as there are quite a lot of steps?
All in all, if you want peace, relaxation, great Tavernas, great old buildings within the original core of Koutouloufari and an ideal base from which to do so, then pick Asterias – or just mope in your room with a load of groceries, figuring out how to cook em
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asterias Village Resort is located on a prime crossroad of the Hersonissos, Piskopiano and Koutouloufari settlements, offering a unique panoramic view of Hersonissos and the Cretan Sea. That location gives one the opportunity to choose between the dynamic modern developments of the cosmopolitan settlement of Hersonissos, and the traditional culture and architecture of the two beautiful old villages: Koutouloufari and Piskopiano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your Asterias Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asterias Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Asterias Village Resort Koutouloufari, Crete