I have recently returned from a holiday at this 28 room hotel nestled in the hills directly looking down onto Hersonissos Crete. It is fair to say that George the hotel owner is a very warm and welcoming host. He always tries to please his guests wherever he can. The hotel is very well served with repeat visitors who book year after year. We met a Dutch couple who were guests for the 8th year in succession and had already booked for next year. Around the poolside it was apparent there were not a lot of first time visitors. In my opinion repeat guests are treated with more favour (and i do kind of understand this) but it does cause some disquiet amongst other guests. This was voiced by at least 3 other couples whilst i was resident. The room we received did not accurately reflect the one we saw on the website. It was however decent and had a view of the sea. My observation is that the shower(which is attached to the bath taps should be attached to the wall rather than left loose, this would negate having to shower one handed). The rooms could also benefit from a full length mirror (we do like to know how we look when we go out). A free safe was provided which was a nice touch. Otherwise the facilities at the hotel are excellent. The food cooked by Eleni is fantastic and of restaurant quality but pricey. However and in honesty i didn't eat anywhere better in the whole time we were there.The hotel drinks were also a bit more costly than the village, a beer being 4 Euros but the Amstel on draught was the best i experienced on my holiday. Generally on this visit i have found Crete to be very expensive. Every morning sunbeds were readily available and the pool was kept beautifully clean.Towels were provided at no cost (another nice touch). As to the breakfasts i know it is a personal preference but if i see another egg in the next 12 months i will scream. Breakfast was not fondly received with the non repeat visitors. it is monotonous and could be something to look forward too. I accept it is continental in concept but to be greeted each day with you can have a single egg boiled, scrambled or fried is disheartening. As was the processed cheese and ham. I will also like to point out the orange juice at breakfast is concentrated and not fresh. Although fresh orange is available for payment on the drinks menu? Why not provide cereal, pastries or fruit in a buffet format? People asked to pay for other options but this was not available. However i must say the bar area next to the pool where the breakfast is served is so lovely. The pool area would be of some concern if i had small children. The pool is infinity and very shallow at one end and only about 5' at the deepest point. My concern would be the hotel is on a hillside and there is a drop over the side of the pool. To sum up the Creta blue, a lovely hotel with great staff. I would recommend the village and this hotel in particular for a couples retreat break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If anything truly defines Creta Blue Suites, it is the value we attach to lasting memories. Building upon our experience as travellers for many years and as hoteliers for the last 8 years, has endowed us with a rich tradition of hospitality. We offer experiences that are authentically local and we see people who visit us as guests that are walking into our home. Genuine hospitality is achieved when engaging service and personal attention to detail to elevate each stay into a cherished memory. The little nuances in the quality of service unmistakably measure the intelligence of the hotelier and truthfully state the value of his spirituality. Because serving is, above all, loving, and one thing we are proud for ourselves is that we DO love serving our guests.We have always been ready to listen to our guests, anticipating their needs and interpreting their desires. Your stay at our hotel is our opportunity to show you Crete the way our island should be experienced - through the eyes of a local family.Welcome to Crete ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Creta Blue Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Blue Hotel Koutouloufari
- Hotel Creta Blue
- Creta Blue Suites Koutouloufari, Crete