Just got back and really wish we were still there. I have stayed in lots and lots of different hotels over the years but I have honestly never been made to feel as comfortable as we were here. It genuinely felt like this was a week spent at a friend's house. How George and the family do this to everyone is a mystery.
We had a deluxe suite for our three teenage daughters and we took the penthouse suite for ourselves. Both rooms were lovely but our daybed on the private terrace was truly blissful to retire to in the afternoons.
The hotel complex is a little out of the village, only by a 5 minute walk, but that proved a little too much for the daughters who preferred to just stay put. We ventured out a couple of nights and tried a couple of the recommended restaurants but Eleni's cooking was too good and in the end we mainly ate in the hotel on the roof terrace restaurant. The peppered steak and the prawn saganaki were particular favourites.
All five of us completely fell in love with the place, and can't wait to return. yes the view from the pool is through wires, and yes the rooms probably aren't 5 star, but really who cares?? Anyone who hassles about that kind of thing is missing the point of this place. It has a bewitching charm of its own, which is really hard to describe although to say that it has a really big heart is probably the closest i can manage. That and an attention to detail by all staff. I loved watching the bar staff polishing the wine glasses until they shone. No slight smudge was allowed to remain which made my day as I love very clean wine glasses. I'm sure it makes the wine taste better!!
If there is availability then just go. It will do your soul good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If anything truly defines Creta Blue Suites, it is the value we attach to lasting memories. Building upon our experience as travellers for many years and as hoteliers for the last 8 years, has endowed us with a rich tradition of hospitality. We offer experiences that are authentically local and we see people who visit us as guests that are walking into our home. Genuine hospitality is achieved when engaging service and personal attention to detail to elevate each stay into a cherished memory. The little nuances in the quality of service unmistakably measure the intelligence of the hotelier and truthfully state the value of his spirituality. Because serving is, above all, loving, and one thing we are proud for ourselves is that we DO love serving our guests.We have always been ready to listen to our guests, anticipating their needs and interpreting their desires. Your stay at our hotel is our opportunity to show you Crete the way our island should be experienced - through the eyes of a local family.Welcome to Crete ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Creta Blue Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Blue Hotel Koutouloufari
- Hotel Creta Blue
- Creta Blue Suites Koutouloufari, Crete