“Nice apartment - problem booking”

Astra Village Apartments
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Koutouloufari
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice apartment - problem booking”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I booked this apartment through Travel Republic and specified on the booking that we needed to be away from the bar as I had read on previous reviews it could be noisy until the early hours. As I have two young children and we are usually in bed by ten and up early I didn't think this was a difficult request. When we arrived we were put in room 11 near the bar. After the first night my husband complained as he was kept awake until 2.30am. We had no issue that the bar was open so late - as a couple we would often still be there then, but with children we felt this was unacceptable as we could hear some noise in the bedroom too. After the third night when I swapped beds with my husband and slept in the front room I was not happy. I had not slept until 3am when the music and loud conversations stopped. I asked at reception for a room change but they weren't forthcoming at first. However, a few hours later they moved us to room 63 which is at the back of the complex. This room was ideal and had they have acknowledged this and put us in there at first I would rate the accommodation as very good.

The apartments are cleaned daily and really well. The pools are small but my children enjoyed playing in there with their new found friends. The pool bar was great and well priced too. There were too many people staying there for the amount of sunbathing space available though so I wouldn't return here as it was hard to relax at the pool for the noise.

Room Tip: Choose room number 62 upwards to be away from the bar if you have children
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jpipcp

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Gaaden, Niederosterreich, Austria
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked our holydays in Crete in a last minute term, 3 days before flight. We reached the Astra Village at 01:00 o`clock in the night. The Barkeeper made us a warm and friendly welcome and took our lagguage at our room. we took a few drinks at the cafe bistro and had fun from the first moment we came.
Reception and Staff was very friendly and always busy to make our stay to a wonderful time. All the time we had questions from any kind, we always get help in a friendly and professionla way.
Our room was always clean and everything we need was there,we slept very well and enjoyed it to watch the people from our rooms balcony, while had a few drinks .
We used also the pool , the service at the pool bar and had a lot of fun whit Maria , the Bar Maid. When we were hungry we went to the cafe bistro and get always good food from a professional staff wich was very busy and always more than friendlybut never to much.
For us it was a wonderful time in Astra Village Apartments and we are sure to come back again. We was here for 2 weeks and we had everyday another experience, we made a few trips to Heraklion, Knossos, Crizzy Island Gouves Star Beach and a lot more..
So we can say every day was a beautiful day but we was always happy to come back to hotel and enjoy some drinks to finish the day whit some nice guests and staff.
I am from my Austria like my partner and i am sorry for my bad english but i hope you can imagine how fine we found our first stay in Astra Village Apartments.
At least i will say thank you for the beautiful two weeks to the staff Greetings from Nora and Fred.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Derbyshire
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Wonderful relaxing week for family with 16 year old. Very clean and well presented complex, beds made daily by maid and linen change half way through week. Lovely pools although not very large, plenty of sun-loungers and small play are with see-saw, swings and slide for little ones. Koutouloufari is a fantastic little village with plenty of good restaurants and quite bars, stunningly beautiful in the evening with the subdued lighting and an exceptionally friendly atmosphere. Little to occupy in the daytime apart from lounging by the pools but plenty to do if walk down through the olive groves to Hersonissos. We found the best way to come back up the hill is to walk up Agiou Vasiliou.

Room Tip: Room 35 apartment with single sofabed and pull out chairbed in lounge, separate bedroom with 2 large...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice location in the centre of Koutouloufari. Spacious, clean apartments. Swimmingpool was a little small, but I went to the beach. Reception and Barstaff very friendly and professional. I have had a wonderfull time in this appartment. Its not luxury, but it has everything I needed for a good stay. My apartment had a balcony with seevieuw.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My partner and I spent 1 week here in July and were pleasantly surprised. We didn't pay much for our last minute holiday so didn't quite know what to expect but we highly recommend a stay here!! Clean friendly central location and lovely staff . We would definitely return

• Stayed July 2013
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Astra for 10 nights in July 2013. We had two apartments right next to the pool,opposite Reception, which were a good size, with a balcony, and were cleaned every day. The family owners are all very friendly.The food/drinks/ice cream/milkshakes etc are all very good (we had 2x 15 year olds with us). Eating out is a great experience in the village, with lots of excellent restaurants sited on the main street and around the ancient interesting winding narrow streets. We tried a different one every night, including Patrickos, Sunset, The Rooftop, and the Oniro. The local Greek specialities are very good, and we enjoyed the local 'village wine' for about 8 Euros a litre, and draught beer around 2 Euros.Meals are not cheap nowadays, allow about 15-20 Euros per head with drinks. The mountain backdrop and views out to sea are lovely.Of all the resorts we went though on the Jet2 transfer, this was definitely the best. A trip to Star Beach is worth a go for the flumes etc., or walk down to town and take the local bus (luxury coach) to Stallis Beach. A walk along to Piscopiano and Old Hersonissos (both very quaint with bars/restaurants). Wherever we went though it was always nice to come 'back home' to the Astra and Koutouloufari! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms by the top pool are very well located, or if you don't mind stairs up, top fl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard M
Tidworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here with my family, 4 adults and 4 children in June for a week.We had two rooms both excellent, lovely and clean and a good size. All the staff are lovely and really helpful, we had breakfast every morning and the food was delicious, the children loved the milk shakes and tried all the flavours. We spent most of our time round the swimming pool, there are plenty of sun beds and umbrellas. The apartments are in the centre of Koutouloufari within easy reach of many restaurants, we ate out each evening and enjoyed every meal. We walked into Hersonissos and also to Piskopiano and Old Hersonissos.
Our only complaint was that we had not booked for 2 weeks, we will definitely be returning as we were made to feel so welcome and had such a great time.
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koutouloufari
Marni Village
#3 of 171 in Hersonissos
No photo provided
Creta Blue Suites
#3 of 13 in Koutouloufari

Been to Astra Village Apartments? Share your experiences!