Astra Village Apartments
Κoutouloufari Village Holiday Club(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$52
Hotels.com
Galaxy Villas(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Creta Blue Suites(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$206
$91
  • Breakfast included
Ippoliti Village(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$35
  • Free Internet
Romantica Hotel Apartments(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$33
$27
Marni Village(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$65
Ariadni Palace Apartments(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$47
$28
  • Restaurant
$114
$111
Orbitz.com
Casa Bianca Boutique Hotel(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$83
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Esperides Villas & Spa(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$158
$141
Orbitz.com
All reviewsair conpool barnext yearbar staff arestar beachplenty of sunbedslovely placerelaxing holidaylovely cocktailssupermarket oppositemain barbed and breakfastgreat laughperfect place to stayapartment was cleanexcellent tavernasgreat apartments
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed for 2 weeks after reading the great reviews about the astra.great choice.we were made to feel very welcome by the owners and everyone that worked there.had no complaints whatsoever about the place or service.will be returning next year with the family.my son jack got on so well with the lads at the bar who kept him amused day after day.highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here for a week with my boyfriend at the beginning of July and cannot recommend the place enough.

The room was a nice size. Bathroom was the smallest I have had staying in Greece but it was adequate as you don't spend much time in there. We stayed above the bar and didn't struggle to sleep at all. The staff were absolutely lovely and always cheerful.

We ate at the bar a few times and the food was delicious and a very reasonable price. There are two pools both with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas

The apartments are right in the middle of Koutouloufari and you can walk to Piskopiana and Old Hersonisoss or down the hill into Hersonisoss and the port. Its about 20-25 minutes to walk down. The walk up is manageable. I'm not a great one for fitness and I managed it 3 times although the 3rd time was a struggle.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jones_v
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at Astra Village 25 times and so feel it is a second home. Some years ago, after our first visit, my wife and I decided we just had to go back as we had been made so welcome, not just by the family and staff at Astra, but by all the villagers in Koutouloufari. We made regular twice a year visits until my wife died and I have continued as a solo traveller. I have never been disappointed. Nothing is too much trouble. Any problems are sorted out, if possible, if you ask. The Astra is ideally situated in the centre of the village with a very comfortable cafe/bar where you can relax and watch the world go by - slowly! In the evenings there is more life as the village is renowned for its many restaurants. Koutouloufari is a great centre for exploring Central and Eastern Crete. A 15/20 minute (downhill) walk takes you to the main road where there are buses (cheap) to take you East or West along the north coast of the island with its many beaches. If you hire a car there is also easy access to the centre and south of Crete with its mountains and more traditional Cretan way of life. If you are interested in history you could spend a lifetime here visiting ancient sites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Mike_Grimsby28
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed for a week start of July. Was travelling solo and had asked for an upper floor mainly for security reasons. Got a ground floor, but wasn't bad at all though. Having looked at the steepness of the steps to upper floors I doubt me and my luggage would have made it up and down anyway. Whilst being on the ground floor there were still some 20 odd steps to manage so this may be a place to think carefully about if you do have difficulties in this area. Air con was 49 Euro for the week. Had I been upstairs the open window and breeze would have been fine but not an option downstairs. Safe was 14 Euro. Apartments are basic but everything you need. Partway through week an inventory arrived on the wall. I then realised I was missing an electric kettle. This was provided straight away. Bed is firm, which I tend to prefer but this one was a challnge even for me. Cleaning is a to a high standard, pleasant ladies, and towels/bedding changed twice a week. The bathroom, for Greece, was good and I had no issues with the shower. I was in apartment 62 at the back, lovely little terrace outside and a sea view too.
Spent a lot of time lounging by the lower pool and the girl looking after the pool bar/pool side was so lovely and helpful to everyone.
Koutouloufari itself is quaint with lots of places to eat out and Astra Village is fantastically placed to access them all. Unfortunately whilst there I was suffering from a chest infecttion so didn't have the energy or inclination to do much else which was a pity although an excvuse to go back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank serendipity402010
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here last week. First trip to Greece.
And we loved it.
The staff were amazing, so polite and friendly. Offering help were needed.
The room was a good size with views out to the sea. Rooms are basic but all you need, cleaned and beds made on a daily basis by a lovely maid. Aircon was good and a safe aswell with the simple option that if you didn't want it to just return the key to reception. But this is all explained when you check in.

2 good size pools front and back, sun loungers included with brolly.

The village is lovely and plenty to do.
The restaurants are mostly family run and they open there arms to you. You wont get better service. Among the polite, kindest people I have ever met. We were astounded by this.
Food was great, so many flavours and all fresh.

We will be back !