“Absolutely wonderful”
Review of Galaxy Villas

Galaxy Villas
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Koutouloufari
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I spent a week at Galaxy Villas and it's been a joy. The accommodation is perfect and comfortable, the views from the hotel are beautiful and the cleanliness is of a high standard. I couldn't fault this hotel at all. George and his staff have been so friendly and will go out of their way to help you. The food in the hotel is very tasty and I would highly recommend the Greek BBQ on a Saturday night. The Grecian food on display is delicious! The area is cute, very traditional and relaxing. If you want nightlife then this probably isn't the place for you, however Hersoniss is just a 10 minute walk away. Beware coming back up the hill is hard work! Overall, it's been a great holiday and I'll be back at Galaxy Villas soon, already thinking about when I should come back!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We enjoyed the view, location and patio area of this hotel, but were a bit disappointed in the room itself. It was spacious, with two floors, full kitchen and patio right onto the pool area, but the cleanliness was poor and the finish inside the rooms was certainly second rate. I was concerned with putting anything on a shelf as they seemed so flimsy that I was afraid using them would put my stored items and/or me in jeopardy. The bed was the least comfortable of all beds we slept in during our 3 weeks in Greece. The staff was very nice, and everything else about the hotel was satisfactory, but I would not stay there again for the reasons stated above.

Room Tip: Find another hotel in this area (or maybe other rooms are better than the one we had)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is definitely one of the best places in Koutouloufari. The pictures give a clear view of what to expect. The rooms are a bit old fashioned, but fit their purpose very well! The pool, staff, owner, and location are very good. We stayed here for a little over a week and will definitely come back in the future, we've had great holiday!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edwin N
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the hotel last last and we expected it to be nice, as seen from the photos on the website, but not quite as nice as it was! Special mention goes to hotel manager George who we think is an absolute ledge and should get a special award for his services to Greek hospitality. We would highly recommend the hotel for people who want to stay somewhere with real character and a great personal service. The main thing that we noticed was how outstandingly clean and well maintained the whole place was - not a speck of dirt in the pool or surrounding area, lovely flowers everywhere and immaculate reception area! The view from the hotel is absolutely stunning, especially as the sun goes down from the lovely bar. The rooms are spacious and light - basic but comfortable and exactly what you need. It's ridiculous that people are complaining about the accommodation being too basic - it is perfect for a week's holiday in the sun. What do people expect for the money that they pay? The hotel is great value for money and the rooms also have a kitchenette and lounge area and we had two balconys. The location is perfect - the village is delightful with loads of places to eat and drink. Emmanuels is by far the best restaurant though - absolutely excellent. The choice of food at Galaxy Villas is pretty good with a good choice of bar snacks for lunch. They also do a BBQ on Saturday nights which was absolutely delicious and a really nice social event as well. The staff, what can we say, really went out of their way to help us and still pretended to be interested in our mindless drunken drivel as we sipped a cocktail or two in the wee hours. Special mention to Aris and of course George - he works 7 days a week throughout the summer, often 18 hours a day and runs the hotel to perfection without a grumble and often with a free shot in hand. Great guy. For night-life 10 minutes down the road is Hersonissos, it's a bit egg and chips but in more of a European kind of way so it's actually alright - reall buzzing with an infinite number of bars. Overall Galaxy villas exceeded expectations and we would recommend it to couples, families, friends and even single travellers. Hopefully we will be back! Currently experiencing serious bouts of holiday blues ......

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lucy G
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My partner and i recently stayed at the galaxy villas in Crete, and had an excellent time. I travel all overe the world with my job and stay in some top hotels, but this was such a great location and venue that some of the big hotels could really learn from the way the Galaxy is run. The villas are owned by a family and are managed by George, a vwery likeable and nice guy who cant do enough for you to make your stay as relaxing as possible, Thomas, his right hand man at times is also very nice indeed. We paid a little ectra for a sea view and it is certianly worth it, the whole complex is lovely, perched on the sie of the hills overlooking Hersonissis bay it really is a great location. Koutouloufari town is incredibly nice, small traditional tavernas line the roads, with authentic food, smells and sounds it really is tranquility personifide. You can walk dowen to the bay, but, it is a steep walk back, and to be fair you can get all you need in Koutouloufari and dont actually need to go down to the bay, as there is no real beach to speak of. The whole week was relaxed and chilled, thanks to the villas being such a lovely base. The villa we had was lovely with a sperate living area, kitchen and bedroom, which is not common for greece as normally it is the one room. I cant rave about the villas and the town enough we will certainly be going back, and i suspect year after year, for our 'safe' holiday as you can guarantee a great time... Thanks to all at the Galaxy

Room Tip: rooms 1 to 8 are great and by the poolside, the others are nice but there in the garden area,which i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is my second visit to Crete. Not only a holiday, but also a visit to my friends who live in Piskopiano, the neighbouring village. Galaxy Villas is conveniently located. There are a lot of good restaurants close to the apartments, and the sea is just 1 km down the hill. I stayed in a 2 room apartment, and found the place very spacious and clean. There is enough crockery and place to host 4 people, which still would be ok. The bathroom is small but efficient, although I had trouble finding a way to use the shower. George, who runs the place, helped me out, and even came to the room to check if it was working well. The pool is big enough, but right now very cold, as the season has just started. I was a bit nervous going all alone, but felt at home from the moment I arrived after 1.20 am in the morning ;)

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the rooms just down from the swimming pool, and found them close enough to be con...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Excellent value, exceptionally friendly staff always happy polite and willing to help. Lovely atmosphere and very clean. Food is very tasty and good value for money. All necessary amenities close by and fantastic restaurants

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koutouloufari
Marni Village
#4 of 13 in Koutouloufari
Creta Maris Beach Resort
Creta Maris Beach Resort
#7 of 172 in Hersonissos

Been to Galaxy Villas? Share your experiences!