“drinks rip off”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We used to go here regularly things seem to have changed though. A small beer and a very very small bottle of lemonade was nearly 10 euros. Will not be back for a drink or food just too much. I like others think his patter is condescending and would do better to just be very friendly.

1  Thank Kouniatha

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We'd heard good reports about this restaurant from some other guests staying at the Marni Village, so decided to give it a try.
However, we nearly never made it through the entrance as we were literally pounced on as we approached by a guy who was
way too pushy trying to get us inside. When I looked at the menu, knowing what we wanted, another guy approached and they both
tried to 'explain' everything from feta cheese to kleftiko, which could have been helpful to some but not most, and their manner was
all wrong. Anyway we did go in and loved the building - the restaurant is situated in the old olive-press and the old stonewalls have
been preserved.
For her meal, my wife chose several Greek vegetarian starters - all of which were delicious - and my main course of filet was cooked to perfection.
The host was a bit over-the-top but balanced by the gracious waitress, who highlighted the fact that the restaurant started as a creperie
twenty-one years ago and has grown to the full restaurant it is today. I had a delicious crepe followed by complimentary grapes and raki.
We really enjoyed our meal at Fabrica - it's just a shame that the owners don't realise how such hard-sell approach is off-putting. Despite this
we would definitely go back.

1  Thank EELPIEAL
Reviewed October 15, 2013

After sampling a few of the other restaurants in Koutouloufari we ate at Fabrica and then ate here another 3 times after that as it was the most tasty food we had had. Also - the crepes - especially the sweet ones are just delicious.

Yannas at first we thought was a bit OTT but then we found him very likable and friendly and also Elena who works there is very friendly and chatty too.

The old olive oil factory building is really lovely and nice to sit at for a drink.

Delicious - would definitely return here if we were back at this village.

1  Thank annalou1224
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm a bit surprised at the amount of bad reviews on here..
1st of all. Yannas the owner is yes, quite a character. He had us laughing all through our dinner. I couldn't describe him as rude though. Maybe a bit misunderstood! The waitress was very friendly too and offered to take our photo which was nice. The food was generally very nice. I had spaghetti which was very tasty. My partner had the mixed grill which he enjoyed too.
The restaurant is an old olive oil making "factory" and is charming. Very pretty.
We're definitely returning as we enjoyed the food and the company of Yannas!!

1  Thank mayahb
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Visited this restaurant once, that was enough. Very pushy to get you inside, nice waitress, waiter only interested in getting as many in as possible and not thinking about service provided. Slow to get meal and must say I had the worst pork souvlakia I have ever tasted. Tasteless, fatty meat which was so difficult to chew. Really should have sent it back but as it was only our second night of holiday let it go. They must have seen how much was left on plate. Need to buck up their ideas.