“The best Hotel in Vlore so far”

Vlora International Hotel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Vlore
Genoa, Italy
“The best Hotel in Vlore so far”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

2 months stay in the hotel. I had a room at the fourth floor with view on the port. The room are nice, the bed is big and the mattress is really comfy. Big window, TV channels poor, toilet with bath and shower ok. Air conditioning not that powerfull, rooms on the west side are quite warm during noon, afternoon time. Breakfast at the fifth floor was varied. Nice the terrace at the fifth floor for having breakfast outside during nice weather. At the ground floor there is very nice bar and starting from may it is also outside. There is a nice swimming pool but was empty for all my stay. There is a SPA center, closed at the time of my stay and open during summer time. Cleaning service is all right and staff friendly. Spoken english from poor to good. Watch out on the invoice at the moment of the check-out, mistakes are possible. Internet connection via cable is good, wireless doesn't work every where. There is a bank in the hotel with cash machine. The price is acceptable. I think there is no better hotel than this one in Vlore.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank aurelio_marchesini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Myself and 4 work colleges moved to this hotel from the one across the road because of the lack of hot water and internet, when we moved there the manager agreed a corporate rate of €50 per night per person which we thought was reasonable for the 3* hotel it was, after 20 night i went down to pay my bill and paid the €50 per night rate, one of my colleges did the same later but was charged €55, i went to ask why this was and the receptionist said it was a mistake and would sort it out the next day, so my friend left 2 days later and text me and told me he had been charged even more per night (€70) i went to reception and ask to see a copy of his bill and was told she would get it for me in the morning (she never did get it for me)
on check out day she made the bill up and gave it to me with a rate of €60 i asked her to explain the change in room rate that had been agreed, she answered "this was for the use of the air-conditioning and she had called my office and they had said it was ok"
as my office did not know the name of the hotel and the hotel didn’t know who i worked for or where my office was i challenged her and she went all sheepish and blushed "take it up with the accounts manager" she said..

we stayed a total of 26 nights

we don’t like being ripped off or being lied to even if it's company money....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank dkms71

Travelers are raving about these Vlore hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We stayed here three nights, although we had booked more. On arrival there is a ramp up to the reception or a small set of steps. I went to walk our case up the steps and the girl at the reception started complaining that I should use the ramp.

The reception staff were quite rude as were some of the local people.

Breakfast was rubbish. The eggs were cold, not much of a selection.
The decor of the rooms were lovely, the view we had of the sea was perfect.

Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We decided to break a drive in Vlore and stopped at this hotel. We were able to get two rooms without reservations at a fairly reasonable price. The rooms were nicely appointed, clean and with nice bathrooms and hot water. The breakfast was nice and we had absolutely no troubles at the hotel, which included free wifi and parking in the price. If you're looking for a decent standard and no hassle, this is a nice place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DKQTravels
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The Hotel Vlora is a poorly run Three Star Hotel that pretends to be a Five Star. I say this as one who rarely if ever stays at anything other than a B&B or a 2 or 3 star at most, which are almost always better than this.

The rooms seem nicely appointed at first, but even though they were renovated in 2007, they are fraying at the edges. The place was clean and the view of the bay was OK. That said, the minor inconveniences were many. The internet connection worked only half the time, the water was out for much of one evening, the room entry card worked less than half the time, and the breakfast was inedible: the carbs were stale, the meat was pale and of suspicious character, the eggs etc. were cold, and even though they had an espresso machine the poor man was unable to bring a decent cup of coffee. The food from the day before magically reappeared the next. I arrived late one eve, so I made the mistake of trying the restaurant, which was a disaster. And yes, I did have a little tummy ‘distress’ from one encounter, which was my first in nearly a year living in ‘the Balkans’ and beyond.

The staff was reasonably friendly, but their ability to help was hampered by a language barrier. As a long term international traveler, I rarely comment on communications, which should be my problem, but a 5 star ‘international hotel’ could benefit by branching out from the (small) home country language. Trying to get a simple iron proved to be an adventure worthy of its own story. The good news was that there was one; the bad news is that there was just one, which was for the whole hotel. When I tried to get help with the internet, she pointed to her computer in essence saying it was impossible that hers worked and mine didn’t. It was the third time mine had gone South, so I just walked away.

In sum, this place needs some help to become a quality hotel. Until it does, try somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Aruba
Reviewed June 13, 2011

it was quite good.our room was clean and the staff was friendly and nice.Comparing to the other hotel i went to when i was in vlora,vlora international felt like paradise.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marycape
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We stayed in Vlore at the last minute for one night as we not going to make it to Gjirokaster that night. We looked at Vlore International after reading the Mediterranean Lonely Planet and not liking the look of one of the options. We had a look at a couple of room before we chose to stay.

We thought that the value for the standard room was excellent. The room itself was great. An great kingsize bed, in a refurbished room, which had a huge double window that you could open right up. The bathroom was also great.

Even though we had a car, we didn't need it as we found it easy to walk to the city shops and waterfront restaurants.

The downsides:
- weirdly, when we decided to stay, the female receptionist failed to mention that there was no hot water available until around 10 or 11pm. We had to call reception and ask why we weren't getting any hot water, before we were told. The water eventually started to warm up around 11:30pm.
- A man answered the reception phone a couple of times and was very abrupt. He answered with a gruff "yes", as though I was interrrupting him doing something very important.
- There is no room service (which the gruff man informed me rudely).
- The breaksfast room has a great view, however the breakfast "buffet" is basic and more importantly poor quality. An "international" hotel should have black tea available, even if it isn't the country's norm.

So another mixed review. Overall we thought it was great value for money and we liked the room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KatCR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vlore
Hotel New York
#1 of 5 in Radhime
Splendor Hotel & Spa
Splendor Hotel & Spa
#2 of 9 in Dhermi

Been to Vlora International Hotel? Share your experiences!