“lovely horses, fantastic scenery”

Bavarian Horse Riding Stables
Ranked #3 of 11 Outdoor Activities in Sami
cheshire
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“lovely horses, fantastic scenery”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very well run stables where all the horses are exceptionally well cared for. We had a 1 1/2 hr ride into the mountains that took in some spectacular views.
We were a mixed bunch of abilities and ages, ranging from 4yrs old to 40yrs, and complete novice to experienced rider. However, all were catered for and they even supplied different saddles (my husband and older daughter having American saddles as they are more comfortable for inexperienced riders, and myself having a British saddle as I am an experienced rider).
Everything was pointed out to us; from the flora and fauna to the remains of a village following the 1950's earthquake.
It was approx 40e each I think but was well worth it and was one of the highlights of our trip.

Visited May 2012
5 Thank the-four-Stones

• Greek first
Reading, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Excellent Trip”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Took a trip recently with Connie's Bavarian Horse Riding stables. A 2 hour trip into the mountains and back giving great views over Sami. I wont reiterate what others have said but will state that these horses are the best kept I have ever seen and the stables would put a lot of others in the UK to shame. The girls that were helping connie (and indeed accompanied us on the trip were knowledable, funny and entertaining). All the family enjoyed the trip (including the 2 year old which was purched on my saddle with me)
Would definately do again if we were ever here again.

Visited September 2011
4 Thank Neil M
Athens, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We loved it.”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Kefalonia for our vacation this year. I was looking for the wild horses they said lived at the forrest Ainos and was very dissapointed when I realised that there was no chance we were going to see them because we had no idea where to look for in the first place . Dissapointed as I was my boyfriend suggested we go to the horse riding stable we had past by a few times and ask a few questions and see if we wanted to try out horse back riding. I had ridden twice in my life when I was 10 ...which means basically no experiance and my boyfriend always wanted to try it out but never had the chance. Well this was the best idea ever. The owner Connie is such a funny & charming person but at the same time you can see that she is very professional and tough. Her horses ... well we adored all. Calm, beatiful Haflingers. I especially fell in love with my horse Tsiora who I will never forget. She took such good care of me and was such a sweet heart. Also a major bonus for me being such a dog lover was also Connies three dogs especially Skoupidi!!! We loved skoupidi! Basically if you are ever in Kefalonia you MUST visit this place. The stables are beautiful and clean, the horses well taken care of... For me it was paradise. Thanks Connie you guys were the highlight of our vacation.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank GellyKas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very professional stables, great riding”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

My wife and 2 daughters (aged 11 and 9) rode twice at the Bavarian Horse Riding Stables. Connie and her colleagues run a fantastic stables where the horses are extremely well cared for, and the riding and scenery is just great. Although we were experienced, riding is suitable for all abilities. Definitely the high point of our holiday!

1 Thank NicGreen
Yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous place, great location, beautiful horses”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I visited with my 2 children age 11 and 13 for an evening trek and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The stables are professionally run and horses cared for very well by experienced Equestrians. We trekked up into the mountains at a gentle pace and the views are stunning. The horses really are beautiful and well trained as my son only has a little experience, however I felt fully confident in his safety. My children and I didn't want to leave and hung around after to pet all the cats and dogs and 2 foals. Would highly recommend just make sure your child doesn't lock the toilet keys in the bathroom!!

Visited August 2011