“Wanna wake up on the set of "The Lion King"?!?”

Vic Consult Tours & Safaris
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Mwanza
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in African tailor-made and scheduled safaris to suit your needs. We arrange visits for uniquely personalized Tanzania adventures including budget safaris, Luxury Safaris, Affordable Tours, Zanzibar beach holidays, walking safaris, and mountain climbing adventures to Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed November 8, 2016

I am a physician currently living in Tanzania...and until recently had yet to go on safari...which changed a few short weeks ago. I joined a friend who had organized a small excursion with his girlfriend and another of our friends...so I did zero planning...but was more than pleased with the results with Victor, guide Omari, and cook Emmanuel. We did a 2-day safari in Serengeti National Park, camping on a public campground overnight to save money, and then traveled to Ngorongoro Crater, where we again camped at the rim and spent the following day exploring the wildlife and nature of the Crater...which is not to be missed! Victor's crew was amazing and showed us all of the "Big 5" except for the rhinos...but no one saw them for a couple of weeks due to vaccinations (there are only 19 of them remaining). I'm better with photos than words, so I've attached a few photos here. Otherwise, you are also welcome to check out my blog site to view more: kaylafaithgriffith.wordpress.com/2016/11/07/serengeti/

1  Thank Kayla G
"benny"
"communication"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

I approached Vic as a solo traveler hoping to join a group on a safari to the Serengeti. I was able to find a group and Vic worked with us to ensure got the type of safari we wanted within our budget. The trip was magnificent, our driver was excellent and very knowledgeable, the camping equipment was surprisingly comfortable and the food was good. I would bring extra snacks though because it takes time to get between places and cook. Also BYOB if you want to drink. It was a great experience and I highly recommend Vic and his organization.

1  Thank Madiha S
Reviewed October 15, 2016

We chose Vic because he appeared to offere good value versus other operators, but after speaking to friends who purchased far more expensive tours we soon realized we that we had received exceptional value for our money.

Our driver Omi was very attentative and professional and went far beyond what was expected. Omi stopped twice on our safari to help other drivers in need and at first we thought he was wasting valuable time in doing so; however, we later learned that the time he spent helping others was paid back on safari in dividends. He would receive calls from the individuals he has helped over the years directing him to key sightings and as a result we saw more leopards and lions than we would have thought possible.

He was also very safety conscious checking the vehicle often.

Issac was our cook and he prepared meals in a single frying pan that were better than most restaurants. The dishes Issac served were flavourful, fresh and hot. Vegetables were el dante and meats were tender. He even made a pizza one evening that could have come from one of the best wood fired oven restaurants in North America. We suggested afterward that Issac give cooking lessons as part of the safari.

The only complaint that I would have is that the sleeping bag provided had a broken zipper, and on the rim of the Ngorongoro crater temperatures were cool at night.

2  Thank gerrymoodie
Reviewed October 15, 2016

One word fabulous!

Vic was wonderful to deal with. The Safari surpassed our expectations. Omari was our Tour Guide and Issac was our chef, they are exceptional at what they do. They really made the experience, please ensure in your budget that you add in an additional tip as these two were hard working, service focused and just lovely to deal. We all had tears in our eyes at the end of the 4 days.

We all became a team, we would all help set up and put down tents and assist where Issac would let us ;). In organizing our trip to save cost was asked Vic to pair us up with others, we met two wonderful German gals who like us had traveled a lot and we all got along famously. I cannot say enough about this wonder experience. I am recommending VIC (Omari & Issac) to everyone I know.

1  Thank Sharleen M
See more reviews
Reviewed October 7, 2016 via mobile

Just finished an excellent four person three day safari to Serengeti and Ngorongoro from Mwanza to Arusha. Our guide, Omari, made sure that we saw everything we wanted, including leopards, cheetahs, lions, and even a kill in progress (a bit gruesome, but that's nature for you!). We got very close to the animals, and took some excellent photos. Omari has been doing this a long time, and knew where to find the animals, how to take the best pictures, and a boatload of interesting facts (including pretty much every animal's lifespan, gestational period, feeding habits, and everything else you could want to know off the top of his head). He also has relationships with all the other tour guides so we always knew when there was something good to see. My favorite part was standing up in the jeep with the pop-up roof, racing through the Serengeti with zebra and wildebeest running beside you. It's like something out of a movie.

We spent two nights camping in spacious, comfortable tents erected by our guides - one night in the Serengeti, where we woke up to lions roaring and zebra stampeding, and one night on the Ngorongoro crater rim where we woke up to the sun rising over the mountains. Our chef, Emmanuel, was amazing, cooking us delicious home-cooked meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We were able to charge our cameras and phones while we drove, and I really appreciate that they dropped us off at our hotels in Arusha, especially since my hotel is outside of Arusha proper and they definitely went out of the way to take me there.

Would definitely recommend Vic in the future for reasonably priced safaris with a personal touch - he can modify the plan to fit your group specifically, and is willing to work with you on the details. He is easy to contact by phone or texts, and his staff defines "African hospitality".

1  Thank Jaime F