“Good for African standards, but downhill?”
Review of Tunza Lodge

Tunza Lodge
Ranked #11 of 15 Restaurants in Mwanza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed in Tunza Lodge in December 2012. It is a very nice place. Very well set up on the lakefront with beautiful views. It wasn't bad, but they could do much better.

We tried to e-mail them to make a reservation, but that failed for 1-2 weeks. Showing up helped, and we had the last available room.

It was nice, but the service could also have been much better. We didn't really felt treated like a guest. More 'like we weren't there'. And above that the hut wasn't cleaned for the first 2-3 days, the mosquito nets had holes and the toilet seat was broken. Ok, its Africa, but with western style prices, they have to keep up service. And treating guests like guests costs nothing...

But if you are looking for a relaxing place in Mwanza, try Tunza. It's special (but do try to get a discount!)

1  Thank Jerry1670

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Actually, my experience with Tunza Lodge has not been that fabulous and fantastic as other reviews would suggest Tunza Lodge is. Am I the only one? When I was there for the first time, I found the rooms overpriced and quite shabby (if this is a local type of accommodation, then the price should not be that high). The smell in the restaurant was bad, the shabbiness of the place somehow putting me off. The food was ok, the service ok, the location fantastic. But in general, the place does not appeal to my taste and expectations. With Malaika Beach Resort just down the road I guess Tunza Lodge will have to react and upgrade.

1  Thank WojciechAK
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Tunza lodge was like my second home during my stay in Mwanza. Visited it more ten 20 times.
Playin pool or watching the amazing sunset made it the place to go. Thnx to all the staff for the fun! Already missin it!

1  Thank Stefantastic
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Every Monday and Thursday a guy named Musa leads yoga sessions at sunset. Its amazing. A perfect start to an evening of relaxing. The restaurant itself is run by very friendly staff and offers international food.

3  Thank HoneyBadgerLodge
Reviewed January 30, 2012

good food but took too long from the kitchen.staffs werecharming though quite slow

1  Thank ezekiel O