“Delicious Home-Cooked Thai Prepared with Pride and Served with Gracious Hospitality”

Lan-na Thai Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5,382 Restaurants in Pyeongtaek
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Description: Outside the United States Osan Airbase Main Gate
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I'm naturally hesitant to eat really foreign food, so I was first attracted to the "Crispy Chicken with Cashew" and the Crispy Fish with Cashew". The dish was superb and I was quickly addicted to the flavor, going back time and time again and getting the same thing over and over again. Then the owner suggested another dish for me, knowing what I would like and I tried a dish called "Tiger Cry." It is grilled beef strips (also available in pork and chicken), with a spicy dipping sauce and a delicious Thai-inspired salad. It was unbelievable. I have also tried the Stir-Fried Bell Peppers with Beef--wow, very tasty and I have even ventured into some of the noodle dishes and they have all exceeded my wildest expectations. The cooks are so finicky that you will never get something that isn't quite right or not table-ready. The presentation is beautiful with meals served on beautiful ceramic plates and bowls that seem to be inspired by the orient and the rice is creatively served in the shape of a heart--just to show how much love goes into each dish. The owner is from Thailand and she has a wonderfully warm and cheerful personality and will custom make anything to your specific liking. You select the "number" of spiciness, so it's never too hot for your own pallet. I think all the meals are priced the same for simplicity--everything is 12,000 Korean won (about $11 at the current exchange rate). There is a city parking lot in the rear of the Restaurant and they will validate your parking stub so you don't have to pay anything. Plus the restaurant is conveniently located to local shopping. The Restaurant is small and very homey, but it is kept very neat and clean and is smartly decorated with both local items and reminders from Thailand. They can accept groups too and will rearrange tables to accommodate you, but you may want to call in advance, 82-31-666-3435. Open 11am to 9:30pm daily, I highly recommend Lan-Na Thai Restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank solafide

• Korean first
San Antonio
“The best in the area”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great food and excellent service. The owner is super nice and will cook whatever you can come up with. I wanted a replica of some fish I had while in Thailand and I explained to them how it was prepared, and it tasted pretty darn close to what I had in Phuket. Oh, make sure you have the Thai tea!

• Visited May 2012
Panama City, Florida, United States
“Best thai food near Osan AFB”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I ate here at least once a week while I was stationed at Osan AFB. The staff and owners were so nice and the food was always wonderful. I miss this place so much. Never had a bad experience there.

Visited February 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I ate here several times and it was all delicious every time. The people there are super nice and make you feel welcomed! Love, love, love it!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Cinjebar
Korea
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is a pretty decent Thai restaurant. I ate there shortly after returning from a trip to Koh Samui, Thailand.