Splashdown Park - CLOSED

Reviewed July 12, 2017
jeremywR3638CD
Squamish, Canada
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 13, 2017

Use to buy Groupon vouchers for Splashdown, use to take a picnic or BBQ and spend the day, great value for money, was a shame when it shut down. However was happy when it re-opened, managed to purchase Groupon vouchers although not a huge discount. Was more than disappointed to be charged $5 plus tax to park in the carpark, it use to be free! was even more disappointed to only find out at the gate that we were no longer able to take our packed lunch in with us! the girl on the gate asks to check all bags on entry! they have also done away with the BBQs. I am not happy to pay their ticket price and then have to purchase their food. I am obviously not the only person put off by these changes because the carpark was half empty and so was the park, so the only positive feedback I can give today was because of their lack of visitors we had no line ups whatsoever, not even at the food kiosk because we eat our packed lunch outside first. With regards to the parking, I would suggest parking at Tasswassen Mills and simply walk across.

5  Thank Squidy C
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Hit the water at splashdown park today!! That's the old name of the park. The lifeguards were great and in a good mood. The lines were quick so that's a good reason to not go on a weekend
The one issue I have is if you can't bring in food they have to have good food to compensate for it. The food just isnt great. Would rather pay 25$ for four people and bring my own food. Be nice to have an option

2  Thank jeremywR3638CD
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We went here on July 5/17 - two adults and two 9 year olds. As previous reviews have stated - there is a charge for everything, which can add up quickly. Overall it was great, kids had a blast!

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Overall the idea is fine. I never been to the old splashdown so I can't compare the old an the new.
Kids had a blast! There are slides and pools for every age so everyone had lots to do. Water food ice cream is available and lots of it so no problems there. Lifeguards and help were great! No complaints.

I'm a bit upset you had to pay for everything. Parking was $10, entrance was $28, locker was $10, table with shade was $15... overall becomes expensive and if you compare this to grey wolf lodge, splashdown is far from awesome. Trying get every penny out of you.
Another strange thing that happened, they checked our bags at the gates. What were they looking for?
Kids fell a few times in slippery areas, I had a few bruises. I thought this place was renovated?

Overall it was ok at best. We were hoping for more. Maybe a sunbed or two would be better.

Reviewed February 5, 2017

most favorite water park so much fun for the whole familly always a blast during the summer hope it reopens this summer

1  Thank 124foodlover
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

After been to a well maintained water park like great wolf lodge. Splashdown is expectedly not as good Even the advanced slides were not going fast enough. I prep myself by reading the reviews here ahead of time Lucky I had bought groupon so I had pretty reasonable price to get in. If regular price it would be rip off. Its last year of this park, in couple weeks it will be close down. Maybe it's the reason why Most of The staff there were not too attentive even the life guard.

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

The slides are fun but you have to wait for too long due to an abnormally long time between the swimmers. So patience! The worst is the total abscence of cleanliness (shocking in a country like Canada): no foot bath, only a few (dirty) showers... And a prevalent smell of barbecue and fries. It is better to save money (yes, the Park is quite expensive) and swim by the beautiful Centennial Beach nearby!

Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

My niece, nephews and cousin traveled an hour and 15 minutes to Tsawwassen at noonday and got to Splashdown Park past 2pm. Parking area was full and the park was so full of kids and parents who were taking advantage of the more than 30 degree temperature on summertime. It took us few minutes before we got a place to put our things on, minimum of 15 minutes to get to the water slide because of long queue everywhere. Not impressed with the slides, tho'. Old facilities and not well maintained. Too crowded that most of our time were wasted on waiting for our turn to slide. Few stores to buy food with $1 discount from our Cad117.00++ ticket for 5. Might not go back again unless someone bring me there for free.

Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

This will be the last summer before it shutdown so if you want to go then don't delay. The main entrance has moved a little as the big outlet is blocked it's old entrance. Very dusty outside but ok inside.

Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

The rides are old, some of them are ok but for the most part there not my favourite. The place had a general old feel about it. Like they haven't painted or put any money into resent. I felt the price of $25 was kind of a rip of to go into a old beat up water park.