“Local waterslides”
Review of Splashdown Park - CLOSED

Splashdown Park
Reviewed August 11, 2012

They aren't bad for a short drive. Price is too high for limited slides and activities. It's a good 1/2 day outing.

1  Thank travelingwithtot

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

This week I took my family to splashdown water park. Well let me tell you, it's overpriced, not renavated, busy
and tons of line ups also the slides are very slow. My kids wanted to leave because the water was freezing and the hot tub was full of people and was Luke warm, like bath water. The BBQ were $14 bucks for 2 hours. Really? $14 for 2 hours??? Who is going to use it for two hours unless you have a parade. To end this I suggest you should never go to splashdown.

2  Thank Sorriento_Family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We've been to Cultus Lake Waterpark, Bridal Falls Waterpark, and now this Splashdown Park.

Comparing the three,

- Cultus Lake is the absolutely best for all age ranges, especially for teens and adults.

- Bridal Falls is best for families with small children, as it's got really fun slides for the *really* little ones as well as for little kids (5-8).

- We were expecting a great experience as well from Splashdown, however we were very disappointed.

The slides are very limited in selection, which means big line ups. Yes, it was the long weekend, and it was busy, so lineups are expected. However the fact the slide selection was so limited, means the lineups were much longer than we've seen before.

Even the "fastest" slides are slow. Not slow in a good way, but slow in a "get stuck on dry patches, and then go super fast and hit the next person going down, and getting stuck again" way. My husband nearly crashed into our little girl because of this, and we saw several people getting stuck on dry patches, then hit from above by people that came after then, not safe at all. There seems to be an issue with the water-flow.

The slides are also getting old and worn. My son got big scratches down his back (apparently some of the slides are old and bumpy and that's what's causing it). His swim shorts got shredded, and we saw someone else also get their shirt shredded from the slides. Again, a safety issue, and we didn't see anything likes this at the other two parks.

The pools, which supposedly are heated, are cold, and the hot tub was barely luke warm and smelled kind of funny. The ladies bathroom smelled bad from the drains, and the entire place looks worn down.

I'm sorry but I have to give this park a 2 out of 5. Even if it's a longer drive, making the trip to Bridal falls (if your kids are 7 and under and/or afraid of really big/fast slides) or to Cultus Lake if your kids are bigger or really love the fast slide experience, is completely worth the time, as you'll make many more fun memories. :-)

6  Thank Britta C
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Good selection of slides. Reasonably priced, but better parks near by. Starting to look old and dated.

1  Thank 1965Richard
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Girlfriends met one hot sunny afternoon tocelebrate life and birthdays.
Picnic lunch and champagne enjoyed.

2  Thank precious183806