My family has been going to BWR now for 20+ years, I can say that BWR will always have a special place in my heart. The beauty of the area that the resorts sits on it spectacular. The grounds are kept nice and the flowers are beautiful. The lake and beach are kept clean and so are all areas of the resort. The staff at BWR are friendly and always willing to accomidate you in any way they can. The food is great, there is a nice selection offered for all. The room we stay in, Lakeshore house is cozy and comfortable, we tend not to spend much time in the room, but it serves it purpose. There is plenty to do for all ages. Whether you just want to sit in a quite place and read, or if you want to join in on the activities that are planned through out the day and evening. The best night is Thursday, when Canada's one man band plays a variety of music. He is truly amazing (Jamie Williams). I will never forget you Jamie! All In all it is a great place to take your family. However, It has become a bit pricey for us, since my children are now getting to the adult stage (16 - 17) for they do not participate in the activities that are geared for younger children, they tend to go off and do their own things, hang out with friends and/or staff. We have made very good friends over these 20+ yrs and we all meet that same week in July, so that makes it really fun for us parents and for our young adults. I wish they would have the tubing/skiing/ wake boarding at a lesser price or include a small package in the price we pay. I hope to return to BWR for many more years whether is just us parents, or as a family again. I would/have recomended BWR to many people. It is a great place to go for a vacation. Yes there is the train that runs through the resort, but for a few years now they dont blow their horn as they are going through near the resort. It doesnt bother me, I kinda like hearing it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stanton family has provided six generations of friendly hospitality, fabulous dining, extensive recreation and beautiful vistas along the shores of Sparrow Lake since the late 1880's at this four-season resort village. Enjoy supervised children’s programs, indoor and outdoor pools, sandy beach, exercise gym, water sports, spa services, tennis, biking, hiking, and golf nearby. Experience Ontario winter activities; snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, skating, sleigh rides and snowmobile tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bayview Wildwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Wildwood Hotel Severn Bridge
- Bayview Wildwood Resort Severn Bridge, Ontario, Canada