“Great memories”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Severn Bridge
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great memories”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My family has been going to BWR now for 20+ years, I can say that BWR will always have a special place in my heart. The beauty of the area that the resorts sits on it spectacular. The grounds are kept nice and the flowers are beautiful. The lake and beach are kept clean and so are all areas of the resort. The staff at BWR are friendly and always willing to accomidate you in any way they can. The food is great, there is a nice selection offered for all. The room we stay in, Lakeshore house is cozy and comfortable, we tend not to spend much time in the room, but it serves it purpose. There is plenty to do for all ages. Whether you just want to sit in a quite place and read, or if you want to join in on the activities that are planned through out the day and evening. The best night is Thursday, when Canada's one man band plays a variety of music. He is truly amazing (Jamie Williams). I will never forget you Jamie! All In all it is a great place to take your family. However, It has become a bit pricey for us, since my children are now getting to the adult stage (16 - 17) for they do not participate in the activities that are geared for younger children, they tend to go off and do their own things, hang out with friends and/or staff. We have made very good friends over these 20+ yrs and we all meet that same week in July, so that makes it really fun for us parents and for our young adults. I wish they would have the tubing/skiing/ wake boarding at a lesser price or include a small package in the price we pay. I hope to return to BWR for many more years whether is just us parents, or as a family again. I would/have recomended BWR to many people. It is a great place to go for a vacation. Yes there is the train that runs through the resort, but for a few years now they dont blow their horn as they are going through near the resort. It doesnt bother me, I kinda like hearing it.

1 Thank JMLU2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We held our wedding at Bayview Wildwood in June 2010. We not only enjoyed our weekend wedding at BWR, but so did our 100 guests. The food from our Friday night BBQ, to our reception dinner on Saturday, to our farewell brunch on Sunday, was not only high quality but was well-prepared and nicely presented thanks to the head chef. Most of the rooms are newly renovated and well-equipped. (The only drawback of the rooms is they are located close to a train track, so you can hear trains going through at night). Our guests also enjoyed the resort's amenities during their weekend stay - there's lots for the kids to do! The service was the most noteworthy of all; whenever we had a question or concern the BWR staff were there to address it promptly and completely. For example, when called regarding room service for my room, the service staff came promptly to clean (and vacuum) my messy room after all my bridesmaids and myself got dressed and left for my wedding ceremony. Resort staff even left a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries for my husband and I for our honeymoon night! Many thanks to Christi, Jeff and the rest of the staff for making our weekend wedding at Bayview Wildwood one to remember!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mrsmacadam
WATERLOO, ONTARIO
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We are a retired couple whom decided to take our 3 year old granddaughter to a lodge for a couple of days. The food was low quality. We had attended Bangor Lodge in Bracebride since the mid 50's. We loved our week at the lodge and it was a big loss in our lives when it was shut down 4 years ago. The lack of good food ruined it for us at Bayview Wildwood. The trains running through the property in the middle of the night upset our sleep. I would suggest you try Shamrock Lodge if you like good food and quiet. Clevelands house is also very good but it is expensive for those with children.

4 Thank johnr228
Buffalo
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Bayview has so many things to do. I love this place, I go here every year and I see my friends and I refuse to stop coming. There are things to do with your family and your friends. The staff is very friendly and are willing to help you at any time. There are lots of games to play and activites for the children and for adults. The rooms are made everyday by the cleaning people and are very comfortable and roomy. Each room comes with a bathroom, bed, TV, refrigerator, deck, table and chairs, clock, night stand, lamp, couch, closet, etc. All in all Bayview is an amazing resort that you should book and is the best one out there.

1 Thank BayviewWR
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Just returned from 3 nights at Bayview Wildwood - their Canada Day weekend special - with our twin 6 year old girls. This was our first time at a family focused lodge so I wasn't sure what to expect, but what seemed like very balanced reviews on Tripadvisor had helped to make the decision to try it out.

Much as a lot of this review will seem negative, I will start by saying that the girls LOVED the experience, and that we will likely try it out again next summer. This was the beginning of the 'season' up there, and they were clearly experiencing growing pains, so we have tried to take that into account when finalizing our impressions. That being said, here's the lowdown:

ROOM: we had initially booked an end suite in the Sparrow View lodge because it seemed a little more recently updated, and because I'd decided that having a lodge room would be nicer than going for a semi-detached cottage. However, after having spoken with someone in guest services we changed to a "suite" in Walton House because we were told it had a better lake view. What a mistake! While it was a decent size, the room was old and dingy. The box spring in the bedroom was badly stained - which could have been hidden by a bed skirt. The bathroom wasn't fully cleaned after the last guests and we found a wet, used towel behiind the door. The so-called jacuzzi tub ended up being useless because it was so dirty that I wouldn't let the kids bathe in it. The balcony was wooden and would have been really quaint, but it needed a huge paint job and to be cleared of the millions of dead mosquitoes. In addition our bug screen was off one of the windows so by husband had to replace it.

RESTAURANT: all meals and non-alcoholic beverages were included in the package cost, which was very convenient. The food was just ok...nothing horrible but certainly nothing to write home about. The issue with the restaurant was that EVERY meal we found at least one dirty dish or stained linen.

AMENITIES: we used the recreation room - pool table, air hockey etc. - which was a fun diversion if somewhat outdated. There was also a small exercise room that looked fine. There was both an indoor and outdoor pool, as well as squash courts which we didn't use. Also horseshoes, badminton, tennis etc...basically what you'd expect to find up north at a lodge. The lake was a big recreational focus - swimming, boating etc as well as a water trampoline which was a big hit.

CHILDREN'S PROGRAMS: all I can say is what a success! The girls were in the age 6-8 group and there were 4 or 5 kids along with 2 teenage staff. They played in the playground, did crafts, swam in the lake, went around the lake on a boat...they loved it. And we loved the fact that there were 6 hours of these programs daily - 9:30 to 11:30, 1:30 to 3:30 and 6:30 to 8:30. It was nice because we got a break and the girls made friends that they could talk with during meals as well. There was also a kids' bedtime snack (milk & cookies) offered nightly at 8:15, which was a nice touch.

STAFF: everyone was very very nice, and given the various cleanliness/decor issues this was really what saved it. I called the front desk a couple of times - first about the dirty bathroom and then the next day when we didn't get the room cleaned - and the staff were both responsive and appropriately apologetic. I let most of the dining room issues slide, but the couple of times I did raise it e.g. I sent back a glass of milk that had something crusted on the outside of the glass, I got an appropriate response.

So, in hindsight, I'm not overly thrilled that we paid $400/night for as many problems as there were, but the positives were significant and overall it was fun. So even if we don't return to Bayview Wildwood, we'll defintiely do the lodge experience again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Bayview is a wonderful resort to take your family to. It has tons of great stuff to do such as sailing, canoeing, hiking or just plain relaxing by the pool or sandy beach. My wife enjoys the fully prepared meals (3 a day) and I like the personal service the dining room has to offer. My teenage son loves bayview and looks forward to going every year. It sits on beautiful sparrow lake in the muscokas. The day always goes by so quickly as there is so much to do. Much family entertainment is provided by the establishment and everyone always enjoys it. Bayview wildwood is a great place to vacation.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank drew87
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Bayview is an awesome place to go for a vacation or even a week-end getaway. I go there every summer with my husband and son. Usually, when I go my birthday falls within that week. I have enjoyed many birthdays at Bayveiw. The pastry chef there makes delicious cakes!!
There is always plenty to do there. They have age appropriate groups that have activities for the kids all day. This gives the adults an opportunity to do things themselves. Sometimes I do the aqua swim, play bingo or participate in the boccee ball tournament. If you jusy want to relax by the pool or go in the excercise room you could also do that.
I like the dining hall they have there. Each family gets there own table for the week. The servers are always very friendly. You have breakfast together before the day starts and you meet up for lunch and dinner. They have breakfast buffets with an omlette bar. A lunch buffet everyday or choice of outdoor BBQ on certain days. For dinner you chose from the adult menu and the food is always very "tasty." So much to choose from and the desserts are "out of this world!!" They have a theme each year and you and deocrate your table, which is always a lot of fun to do as a family.
In the early evening, they always have family activities. Such as: a play on Sunday nights, kids entertainers, the Bayview review (which is put on by the staff and is fun to watch) and a water ski show. In the later evening, they have adult activities which include casino night or muscial entertainers.
As you can see, Bayview is a fun place to visit. Over the years, we have met many friendly people there and we look forward to seeing them each year.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
#1 of 4 in Port Severn
Stone Gate Inn
Stone Gate Inn
#1 of 14 in Orillia

Been to Bayview Wildwood Resort? Share your experiences!