We just finished our 2nd vacation at Bayview Wildwood with our 5 year old daughter. If she gets her way, we'll be going there once a year (if not more) for the next decade. We have met many families who have been doing exactly that. The whole place is centred around the kids' experience. The kids programs are all run by enthusiastic, responsible college students who genuinely enjoy working with children. The programs run into the evenings with shows, music, and plays that usually get the children involved. There is a very strong community feeling that I've never experienced in any other vacation setting. We were shocked to see about a dozen of the same families that were here during our vacation last year. Even the teenagers want to keep coming back. One of the lodges is named after a family that visited annually for over 40 years.
There's also lots for adults to do. Activities are constantly planned. Also, many of the adults get together and organize their own actvities. The folks in our week are keen on beach volleyball.
This place has been a family run vacation resort since the late 1800's. The fourth generation of the Stanton family is now running it. The price is very competitive compared to other all-inclusive resorts in Ontario.
One thing that is a little strange is that the train runs right by the resort. However, you'll be surprised by how quickly you get used to it and it ceases to be an issue. The food is acceptable but not outstanding.
If you want your kids to have a great time, this is the place. Beware, that your kids may insist that you return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stanton family has provided six generations of friendly hospitality, fabulous dining, extensive recreation and beautiful vistas along the shores of Sparrow Lake since the late 1880's at this four-season resort village. Enjoy supervised children’s programs, indoor and outdoor pools, sandy beach, exercise gym, water sports, spa services, tennis, biking, hiking, and golf nearby. Experience Ontario winter activities; snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, skating, sleigh rides and snowmobile tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bayview Wildwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Wildwood Hotel Severn Bridge
- Bayview Wildwood Resort Severn Bridge, Ontario, Canada