Was there with my wife and three kids (boy 8, girl 10, boy 12). Stayed the night before in Toronto, and it was an easy, less-than-two-hour drive from there. The weather wasn't great, but the kids didn't care . . . there are enough amenities to keep them occupied rain or shine: lake with canoes and kayaks, bikes, fishing, outdoor pool with hot-tub, indoor pool, game room (ping pong, etc.), basketball/squash courts, staff-run activities and more. The food was great - lots of variety for picky eaters and yummy menu choices for the grown-ups at dinner; a nice touch is your family gets the same table for each meal. I'll confess this was my first all-inclusive trip . . . and I'm sure there are hundreds of places like this in the U.S. and Canada . . . but this resort is really - for lack of a better word - sweet, well-run and the staff seem to want to be there. Only minor quibbles: spotty wifi in the room (much better in the lobby area, and who needs it when you're on this kind of vacation?) and understand that the day programs can't be spot-on for kids of all ages; meaning, my daughter loved the Jam Sandwich drama show one morning, but my sons - who can't imagine an earth without Minecraft (videogame) - would rather have been doing something else. We've already booked our trip there for next summer, if that's any indication of our feelings about the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stanton family has provided six generations of friendly hospitality, fabulous dining, extensive recreation and beautiful vistas along the shores of Sparrow Lake since the late 1880's at this four-season resort village. Enjoy supervised children’s programs, indoor and outdoor pools, sandy beach, exercise gym, water sports, spa services, tennis, biking, hiking, and golf nearby. Experience Ontario winter activities; snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, skating, sleigh rides and snowmobile tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bayview Wildwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Wildwood Hotel Severn Bridge
- Bayview Wildwood Resort Severn Bridge, Ontario, Canada