“The Past Revisited”
Review of Georgian Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penetanguishene
Georgian Terrace
New York City, New York
“The Past Revisited”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

They say you can't go home again, but my visit to my old home in Penetanguishene was a wonderful experience. I had lived in this beautiful old house as a child and the renovations that Barbara Turner achieved were simply spectacular. I stayed in my old bedroom which featured a beautiful antique bed and a lovely chandelier. It was delightful. The whole house has been renovated to achieve a luxurious, but comfortable atmosphere. There's also a pool in the back yard, but it was too cold to use it.

Barbara is a truly gracious host, as is her husband Dave. Barbara served a wonderful breakfast the following day served in the gracious dining room (which used to be the living room).

If you're in the Georgian Bay area, I strongly recommend a stay at the Georgian Terrace.

Patricia L, NYC

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2014

It was an amazing pleasure to stay at the Gordon House. It is owned by the same owners as the lovely Georgian Terrace and is located next door. Gordon House is believed to be the original and oldest home in Penetanguishene. It is beautifully restored and renovated to maintain the character of the early days while offering total luxury and comfort to guests. I would highly recommend this for a great b&b experience.

Room Tip: All rooms were beautifully furnished and had full newly renovated and clean bathrooms. Room service...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
London, Ontario
Reviewed March 25, 2014

A gem, tucked away on a hillside of Penetanguishene! Warm, welcoming and comfortable rooms decorated with a soothing palette and luxurious linens.We completed our stay with delicious fresh baking, fresh fruit and aromatic coffee served in the tastefully decorated dining room.
A memorable stay! We will be back...and bring others!
Thanks Barb!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at an authentic and beautiful cottage that was rich with history--think of what might happen if a boutique hotel and a heritage voyageur home had a baby. Really, a stunning place, and the owners could not have been kinder or more accommodating. Lovely people, lovely place and a lovely experience. I will definitely be coming back, and would like to do so for a week.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Alliston, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I'm not the kind of guy to photograph my food and bedroom. But, I could not help it. The place, food, and owners were right out of an adventure book. I loved the fact of staying George Gordon's Cabin, the oldest (or first?) log cabin in Penetanguishene.

Barb and Dave were amazing hosts. The history they provided made the stay in the cabin memorable. I lost myself reading historical accounts of George Gordan while sitting by the fireplace in his cabin.

It was great to be able to walk to places like The Froth Cafe, Capt. Ken's Pub, and the Flynn's Irish Pub. Met a great couple at Flynn's (Chris and Marylynne??). They told great stories about Penetaguishine, bought us a round..very generous.

Could not have asked for a better "guys weekend". Thank you Barb and Dave!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our stay at the Georgian Terrace B&B was very pleasant. Our hosts Barb and Dave were very welcoming, friendly and accommodating. The historical house is elegantly furnished and the rooms are comfortable. The breakfast was amazing with warm lemon scones, strawberry and egg benedictine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed at many B&B's throughout my travels, however the Georgian Terrace far surpasses any experience I have had.
The proprietors, Barb and Dave are a lovely welcoming couple who couldn't have done enough for us.
Our room was beautiful and tastefully decorated, one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in.
Breakfast the next morning was first class, from warm scones to pineapple drizzled with chocolate sauce finishing up with delicious crepes.
Highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bridget B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penetanguishene
Comfort Inn Midland
#3 of 4 in Port Severn
1875 A Charters Inn
1875 A Charters Inn
#4 of 8 in Midland

Been to Georgian Terrace? Share your experiences!