“Great variety, great service, great value”

At The Crossroads Family Restaurant Ltd.
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Elmira
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A family restaurant in the heart of Ontario’s Mennonite country. Featuring homestyle cooking done on the premises. We offer regular menu dining plus daily buffets which include, soups, breads, salads, hot items, and our dessert table. WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE, bus parking & group rates available. Courteous, friendly staff serving you in a clean and smoke free environment. 5000 sq. ft. gift shop on site makes us a destination not simply a place to dine. Central for shopping, theatre, garden, or cultural/heritage tours.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Good value, awesome selection.
Great Mennonite style food
Even had pig tails on the buffet. Would recommend it.
Soup and salad bar option is almost enough of a meal

1  Thank Bruce B

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went to at the Crossroads for lunch after a day in St. Jacob's. I have Celiac disease and a dairy allergy so I often have a really hard time finding food to eat when we're out and I also have to worry about the dangers of cross contamination.

When we arrived around lunch time we were quickly seated and I was provided with a copy of the menu and an allergen list. I was told that there were gluten free options in the buffet and told that I could go take a look at the buffet before making my decision.

The buffet looked to have lots of options but I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to eat it all and there is always a slight chance for cross contamination on a buffet so I decided to order from the menu.

I ordered a hot beef sandwich and french fries (they have a dedicated fryer that they will use if you inform them of gluten concerns)

The food was good, the service was incredibly friendly and we're looking forward to returning another time! :)

2  Thank Scampersmom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

comfort food at its best, homemade and delicious. Thier buffet offers roast meat, mashed potatoes and veggies plus lots more. Thier Custard Pir for desert is the best, reminds me of my gramma's.

1  Thank everhoppy m
Reviewed December 11, 2012

food somewhat bland no taste seemed over cooked somewhat over baked pies but they had gluten free foods and that is good for some

1  Thank SLOVENIANPRINCE
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not a gourmet buffet, but one that will fill the tummy. Lots of choices, great soups and desserts. They cater to people with gluten or diabetic needs.

1  Thank Sue G