“A very special hotel!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sorsogon
Sirangan Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Sorsogon
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We chose this hotel as our base in Sorsogon on our long sightseeing trip from Manila all the way to Tacloban (Leyte). The Sirangan was the most special hotel on the entire two-week trip and I can highly recommend it despite its many problems! I will certainly go there again. But this place needs a more detailed review.
A dream location, directly at the water (so don't go there during typhoon season!), you can sit all day at the terrace and look at the sea and enjoy the cool breeze. The design the lobby area, the bar, the rooms is very special, using wood and materials but lamps and other design elements which are clearly imported. The problem is that the owner obviously has stopped a few years ago to invest ANYTHING in maintenance and therefore many things would need to be fixed - light bulbs are missing, switches don't work, balcony doors you can hardly open, aircons with missing remote controls, .... So if you are not relaxed enough to accept this with a smile on you face, don't go there!
All the staff is extremely nice, friendly and helpful and make you feel part of the family. And of course Suzie, the manager and chef. This hotel would be nothing without her. She manages not only the hotel, does the shopping at the market but also ensures that there is excellent food on the table for every lunch and dinner. You just need to tell her a day in advance what you like to eat and she will prepare it for you. Be it a big grilled fish, a chicken curry or Bicol Express or simply a pasta. One evening we asked her whether she could arrange a Lechon for us - and she did! (see the photos). What a feast!
On the evening of my son's 25th birthday she arranged a surprise show, one of her male waiters playing a female fire dancer and another one a magician who showed nice tricks (photos). Finally, if you like your glass of wine in the evening you need to bring it with you and pay a little nothing as corkage. We brought enough wine for our group and had a jolly good time!

Room Tip: choose the swimming pool rooms or, cheaper, the rooms at the 2nd floor and not the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank rolofromaustria

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This was how my husband described our experience in Sorsogon, which I believe everyone in our group of 14 agree. The hotel has big rooms with king-sized bed and day bed, big bathroom with jacuzzi, and balcony facing the sea to relax after sightseeing in Sorsogon. Kudos to the staff who gave us tips on what to do during our 4-day stay. The hotel staff also provided us with clean towels to bring to Donsol when we went swimming with the whale sharks. The room was cleaned daily with clean towels and toiletries. Although, I must say that they should fix the bathroom door.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank 5CM7
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We expected to find a luxury place but the place looks as it had better times.

Do not be mislead by the beautiful web site, in reality it need urgent renovation

• Stayed: October 2011
11  Thank Yishay S
sirangan, Owner at Sirangan Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2011

Yes, time could have been better had you stayed with us. Your initial assessment is truly welcome. Our website is accurate. Three typhoons had just passed, with minimal damage and the beach is being restored back to what is was before-

Reviewed April 1, 2011

We had a wonderful stay for the second time at this resort and we will always come back.The staff gives you a warm welcome each time and they are well-trained and the service is excellent.The rooms are beautifully crafted to look like native Filipino rooms yet,have all the luxury of a five star western hotel.The place is quiet and peaceful and you wake up to a lovely view everyday.Very relaxing and comfortable.The food is great.Susie cooks delicious meals.A nice retreat from city life.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank grace010809
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Staying here is like staying at your own beach house, with extra luxuries such as a great view, great bed and bathroom and trained staff! The daily rate is relatively good compared to other places we have stayed in. The included breakfast is wonderful, we got to choose a plate (American, Filipino breakfast) but there was a mini buffet of local delicacies and very fresh fruits too. The pool, although small, is nice with a scenic view of the ocean. The beach is nothing like the white sands of Bora but that is what's appealing--its down-to-earth location but with the comforts of a good hotel. Definitely recommended for a quiet escape!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank thegirlwanderer
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I went to Sirangan for a romantic dinner while staying in Sorsogon only few km away.
The place is georgous, lots of nice details, the surrounding are beautiful (I cycled around) and the food was Great!!!! I had a really nice evening and will be booking a room next time I travel to this beautiful region.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HongKongVoyageurs
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Whenever I fly to Sorsogon, i have always stayed at Sirangan Beach Resort(was formerly Bacon Beach Resort), with family escorts, friends or colleagues even before it was a private resort.
Over the years, I have witness it grow, and well maintained, I always stay in the very first room, Tangnan, and aside from some new accents and new linen, my room was always perfect, air conditioning to my preference at 22 degrees, enough hot water to fill the gigantic tub, shower area where i fit without accidentally changing the water temperature, this bathroom is the almost the same size of the room, i even have my body scrub and spa in here. Oversize king bed with no less than 200% goose down duvet and Turkish pure cotton linen and a great huge bamboo daybed overlooking the sea with same quality linen and duvet in case i fall asleep with my laptop or book. This time there was no refrigerator in the room and the cable service reception was bad - no problem - there was the old reliable hot and cold water dispenser and wi-fi to check the world and work.
Fully loaded breakfast each morning with endless fresh fruit shakes throughout the day. The food, what can I say, since I don't eat meat, Susie makes me all other specialties of seafood, lobsters, crabs, shrimps and fish - try the grouper in leek sauce, the termidor prawns and lobster and greens and herbs fresh from their organic garden.Order in advance because Susie markets everyday for the freshest. I didn't bring in wine again for this trip, they sure had a good selection. i wake up at 3am and always there is something for short orders (susie has to sleep sometime!!!) I try to keep my weight in check, but she's too much a good cook!!!
Matt is so cheerful and always attentive, not only to me,since i am a regular, but to all, smiling and laughing all the time, especially when we play volleyball on the beach paddle court. Mark is a gem for this resort, a great masseur and a dancer instructor - my wife and I now go to ballroom dances, thanks marky. Chara's Mojitos sure build up my appetite...
I had to show Sorsogon to my to Singaporean colleagues, excellent enncounter with the whale sharks, the hot springs, kayak race in Bulusan Lake and the beautiful Subic beach in Matnog - and come home to this elegance in Bacon. I am sure that Catalan designer and style hunter Lazaro Rosa is somehow involved here as he is with the Catalan Andilana group which the resort belongs to.
It was quite rare when I called to reserve and I was directed to their website and a Spanish lady responded, but of course as usual, I sent by bank a little more for my deposit and brought cash to settle the account - when you are in the Philippines - the further away from Manila - plastics don't work everywhere, and in Sorsogon City, there are only 3 banks that have international ATM links and forget foreign exchange rate, bring Philippine pesos,
I would only tell my best friends about this place but after this New Year, I saw that with the new poolside rooms, and the very enthusiastic and eager staff - they could really handle a little bit more!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank stargazer100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sorsogon
Siama Hotel
#7 of 14 in Legazpi
Hotel Venezia
Hotel Venezia
#3 of 14 in Legazpi

Been to Sirangan Beach Resort? Share your experiences!