Our occasion (motive) of the kumarakom homestays exposure was that we wanted to learn more about kumarakom-alleppey backwater life besides the touristy places we had already visited. After we stayed here, I can say it really opens your eyes and gives you a better understanding of kerala rural life.
During the homestay you live with Babu and his wife Regina and their support staff. They live near Vemaband lake and konchumada village. Babu is native kumarakom andshe is originally from this kumarakom back water village. Regina is from kottayam but has lived in kumarakom since 1978. Although you live with the family, you spend the night in your own bungalow. This allows you a little bit more privacy and time for yourself. The bungalow is basic (no luxury rooms, no multi cuisine restaurant, no hotel life), but TOP clean and well maintained. A perfect choice to sleep during the homestay.
The homestay involves more than just living with the family. In the day time advise you to where to go out for a walk , bird watching and you stop to talk to the locals. Babu starts the conversation very naturally and it is possible to ask anything you like and sometimes locals even asked questions to us. In the evening two locals were invited to talk to us about various subjects. The first night, we talked to Staff Lalichan and saw how to catch the fish by net. Very interesting to learn more about fisher man life in kumarakom. The second night we spoke with two nuns about the education system of kerala. Those conversations really opened our eyes about how things work in present days in kerala and were very valuable information.
The homestay also gives you a taste of kerala food. Regina prepare very mouth watering foods, the best we had in KERALA or may be in INDIA so far.
If you want to see more of kumarakom than just the touristy destination and if you are really interested in how things work in this state, then you should definitely experience this homestay…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut creek farm and homestay kumarakom is a NATIONAL TOURISM AWARD WINNER for best bed and breakfast in India. Also coconut creek is a TWO time kerala STATE TOURISM AWARD WINNER for best homestay in kerala.Our unique factor is from kerala only coconut creek kerala homestays have received national tourism award for best homestays in India.Also coconut creek kumarakom bed and breakfast is the only one diamond category homestay in kumarakom approved by kerala tourism department. We provide kerala houseboats in kumarakom and alleppey too.Our awards and recognitions :-National Tourism award for best bed and breakfast in India from first man of Indian Honorable Indian President & kerala state tourism excellence award winner for best homestay in kerala for Two time,Holiday IQ Awesome Food award,Holiday IQ Awesome Location Award,Trip Advisor Excellence award for Three time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coconut Creek Farm and Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Creek Farm And Homestay Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Creek Farm And Homestay Kumarakom, Kerala