Coconut Creek Farm and Homestay
Paradise Resorts(Kumarakom)
Karma Chakra(Kumarakom)
Aveda Kumarakom(Kumarakom)
  • Restaurant
All reviewshome stayhis wifebed and breakfastsmall bridgeenjoyed our staymaintained gardenbird sanctuarycountry boatmouth wateringtraditional kerala foodvembanad lakebasic amenitiesnice stayhouseboat tripvillage lifedelicious foodfish curry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We arrived at 10 30 pm tired after a long journey, but the owner and cook were waiting for us with hot and yummy dinner. Its a beautiful property with clean rooms and you get yummy home made food. Its very close to the lake..about 2 mins walk..we could spend only a day at this lovely place..but loved every minute of it..wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank sonambhalla
Reviewed May 25, 2012

It was our first home stay in Kerala & all of us loved it. The food served is good and very homely. Lalachan takes extra care to see that food is served in time and is a very pleasant person. We enjoyed our stay and would like to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Santh0shKumar
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

It was my first visit to kerala.we had visted munnar,thekkady and kumarakom.we enjoyed lots in kumarakom only bz nature beauty of backwater is awesome.we stayed 2 days in coconut creek.the food is so delicious.we had done backwater cruise in houseboat which arranged by host Mr.Babu.after our tour experince my colleagues who is working us in Kuwait now want to visit kumarakom and coconut creek next vacation.this place is good for family stay.

• Stayed: November 2011
11  Thank wasimakram
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The room was simple but clean and all you need for a stay in Kumarakom. The location is good as it is only 2 mins walking distance to the lake but it is far from the "city centre" of Kumarakom. The food was ok but nothing special.

What I could not understand were all the comments about "they made you feel welcome and like home" as nobody there really talks English and therefore a conversation was not possible.

We also booked a one night houseboat trip which was ok but not more. The crew was really nice (although they also hardly spoke English) but the boat was old and dirty and we both got sick from the food that was served. The trip itself was amazing, the nature is stunning and we stopped at a village which was really interesting. However, I would have preferred shipping through the small river arms rather than cruising over the lake...

I think if I would go to Kumarakom again, I would invest in one of the Lake resorts that offer cottages directly located at the lakeside. Even is is more costly you have the backwaters right in front of you and this is the reason why you go to Kumarakom!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aroundtheworldnow89
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was my first trip to Kerala and it will definitely not be the last. The folks at Coconut Creek made sure that my stay was not only comfortable but enjoyable. I've learn't one thing during my many travels and that is you don't have to spend a lot of money to enjoy the people, the culture and the bounty of the land. Costa Rica and Kerala are both lands that offer a rich and diverse ecosystem unparalled anywhere on earth but Kerala has one advantage and that is the Backwaters, a chain of freshwater lakes. I would recommend folks stay at the Coconut Creek and use it as a staging point for their central Kerala visit. HAPPY TRAILS !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo