“best homestay with best people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coconut Creek Farm and Homestay Kumarakom

Coconut Creek Farm and Homestay Kumarakom
Ranked #2 of 14 Kumarakom B&B and Inns
Guwahati, Assam, India
“best homestay with best people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

we stayed only for one night but it was one of the most memorable places we have stayed...my baby enjoyed our stay there thoroughly especially the swings....we like to compliment the owner-couple for their effort to maintain such a lovely place..the cook was also very helpful..we had the best kerala meal there..thanks... all our best wishes are with you people.....truly the best home-stay....

Room Tip: if anyone wants to perceive the beautiful lifestyle of kerala..we can surely suggest for staying at...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank pallavi_a_pal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Darwen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

If you have been rushing around India on a hectic holiday then this is the perfect place to take a break. Spotlessly clean and set in peaceful gardens it is the ideal place to relax.
Not really run like a homestay, more a B&B as you are in a separate house from Babu and his family. Meals are home cooked and excellent.
Lots of scenic walks nearby and tuk tuks just across the street. We only had one night here, so didn't have time to investigate much, but we were told there is a bird sanctuary worth visiting. We tried the massage place down the road and didn't regret it. Reasonble prices and plenty of attention.
The church across the road rings its bells at 5am. This is the only down side, but it is short lived so it may be possible to get back to sleep if it wakes you.
Babu and family go to bed at 10pm, so no food service after that and no tea making facilities in the room, so make sure you have all you need before then.
I can't recommend this place highly enough.

4 Thank Catherine K
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

We found Coconut Creek by fishing on the internet and we are so glad we did! Babu, his wife and their staff have worked hard to create a lovely welcoming place in the Backwaters. if you are searching for a comfortable alternative to a bland resort hotel then this is for you. The food is great and varied, there is plenty of it. The bedroom was clean, airy, and comfortable. The garden is pretty and is a good place to sit and watch birds. It is easy to go and see the sites from here either by using an auto-rickshaw or by catching the local bus from the nearby stop - recommended for budget travellers!
All in all this was a lovely place to stay and I recommend it to you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kiri59
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I had booked coconut creek homestay & houseboat for my honeymoon trip.I booked from Kuwait via Mr:Ullas who is the son of the host of the homestay.It was pleasure trip to kerala and stay in coconut creek.We had wonderful time in kumarakom.Our stay in homestay was nice especially the kerala Veg lunch in the coconut creek.The houseboat stay was beautiful and we had enjoyed our trip.The host Mr:Babu helped us lots especially for local information about kerala.Mr:Babu wife Regina gave the recipe of some tasty kerala curry to my wife. Now she tried these recipe in my house .Totally we had enjoyed our honeymoon kerala trip in kumarakom, houseboat and munnar hill station too.

Room Tip: Go for Ac. room
5 Thank SamPiter
Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our trip to India. We received a very warm welcome when we arrived. The room was rather on the small side, but very clean. We were prepared a lovely home cooked evening meal by our host and a lovely breakfast the next day as well. There was a festival at the Church during our stay which was very colourful and interesting to watch.

3 Thank Emmaygee
Thrissur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

My self ,my husband and my parents had visited feb 1week to kumarakom and we had stayed in here this authentic homestay in kumarakom.We are from kerala but we settled in bomaby since long time.As part of my official trip I had visited kerala after log time.In our tours we never stayed homestay before. I had choose this coconut creek and booked online through their own website with out my husband permission. I thought of giving surprise to him b’coz he never had experience in homestay.But I was so scared that how will be the experience in coconut creek.But the movement we entered in their small varandha reception we had got very warm welcome and mango flavor juice as welcome drink.(Don’t expect big resorts reception and check in procedure)The room was little tiny but ok for couple like us and my parents were staying same like our room which is opposite side to us. My parents always bother about bath rooms cleanliness and it was totally clean inside the room.We usually eat Bombay style food and it was very different experience after long time when we eat kerala pure homely food.The food was made by homestay owner wife Mrs:Regina and her karimeen fry and bitter gourd fry was so mouthwatering.Mr:Babu the homestay owner helped us to getting country boat in bird sanctuary area in early morning 6.30 am..If any one visit bird sanctuary area then don’t take motor boats and prefer county boats for really enjoying the kumarakom back water.When I booked online I had booked 1 extra room for my cousin who canceled the trip in last movement.The cancelation request I had send by email and I got the prompt refund email reply from ullas babu (I think Mr:Babu son) who stay out side india .This money I got it back before I came back to my work place.If we visit kumarakom again then we would like to come back here again.But I know it never happened because this kerala visit also after many many years from Bombay life.

Room Tip: Try to book canal facing
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Mumbaimaniya
Secunderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is our first true homestay and the experience was very memorable. We know that we went in the offseason as we wanted to enjoy the rains in Kerala as well. Kumarakom has always been a costly place for me. This one is good if you are coming with the family and also very cautious on budget.

Positives:
1. Very neat and Clean rooms and ambience.
2. Very welcoming hosts, Sri Ullas raju and Smt. Regena.
3. True and tasty Kerala Food.
4. Very close to Vembanad lake. You can walk and look at its beauty as well.

Negatives:
Nothing much, but I would say it falls on the costlier side of the homestay as the rooms were not so spacious. I can see this to be a relatively cheap accommodation given the rates in Kumarakom.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple