The cottages are well appointed and very comfortable. Location and setting is ideal to make it a best vacation resort. There are many birds all around with pleasant bird chirping all through the day. However, itseems to be neglected or given lesser preference by KTDC.
For example, restaurant requires a clear uplift in lunch quality. Lunch menu is bad and food was the worst we had in our 8 day trip. Veg. corn soup was nothing but water with poor quality ingredients. Other dishes were equally bad.
We went for dinner very reluctantly but were in for a very pleasant surprise. We could not believe that the quality can be so different between lunch and dinner. Dinner buffet was elaborate with a good mix of north Indian and Kerala preparations. Next day breakfast buffet was also pretty good. Lunch menu and quality requires attention and upgrade.
There are other minor glitches like the AC setting. It was for some reason set for 19C. When we entered the cottage we found water dripping from AC vent onto the wooden floor. When I changed the setting to 24C, the dripping stopped.
Manager seems very sincere and helpful. He saw us in the afternoon booking a speedboat trip. Evening when he saw us, he introduced himself and chatted with us. Hope he would be able to take care of the minor glitches to make Water Scapes stay a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterscapes - this exotic backwater resort, on the shores of Vembanad Lake is located inside the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, which draws migratory birds from as far away as Siberia. The only resort in the destination located inside the bird sanctuary and is noted for its independent huts that stand on stilts and is a place teeming with mangrove vegetation. It offers its guests uninterrupted access to the backwater life of Kumarakom. It is also an interesting location for eco tourists who are interested in mangrove ecosystem, birds related ecosystem. The property is part of the original Kavanattinkara estate once owned by Alfred George Baker. It is also widely popular among the "honeymooners". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterscapes Ktdc Backwater Hotel Kumarakom
- Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort Kumarakom, Kerala