The place is quiet and serene - right next (if not inside) a sanctuary.
We went as a group of friend families and were in cottages next to each other... Children enjoyed the little water channels all over the resort, crossing one bridge after another...
The swimming pool was also good. We swam late into the night...
In the morning, some of us trekked into the adjacent greens looking for birds, and others went for a ride in the lake.
The staff was courteous... We ordered pakoras and snacks and relished them together in comfort of one of the cottages... Overall, it was a good experience... Would recommend to others too...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterscapes - this exotic backwater resort, on the shores of Vembanad Lake is located inside the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, which draws migratory birds from as far away as Siberia. The only resort in the destination located inside the bird sanctuary and is noted for its independent huts that stand on stilts and is a place teeming with mangrove vegetation. It offers its guests uninterrupted access to the backwater life of Kumarakom. It is also an interesting location for eco tourists who are interested in mangrove ecosystem, birds related ecosystem. The property is part of the original Kavanattinkara estate once owned by Alfred George Baker. It is also widely popular among the "honeymooners". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterscapes Ktdc Backwater Hotel Kumarakom
- Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort Kumarakom, Kerala