We stayed in Waterscapes for a couple of days during our August vacation to Kerala. Great ambience, and even better surroundings. Nothing can beat lazing around in a hammock or at the pool side and watching the setting sun on the backdrop of beautiful and serene backwaters. The property consists of individual cottages and that creates a unique experience of a log cabin. Restaurant's location was immaculate and food was good and reasonably priced. Overall, great experience and would recommend to everyone.
P.S. -> Try to get the lake facing cottages. Those are the best properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterscapes - this exotic backwater resort, on the shores of Vembanad Lake is located inside the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, which draws migratory birds from as far away as Siberia. The only resort in the destination located inside the bird sanctuary and is noted for its independent huts that stand on stilts and is a place teeming with mangrove vegetation. It offers its guests uninterrupted access to the backwater life of Kumarakom. It is also an interesting location for eco tourists who are interested in mangrove ecosystem, birds related ecosystem. The property is part of the original Kavanattinkara estate once owned by Alfred George Baker. It is also widely popular among the "honeymooners". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterscapes Ktdc Backwater Hotel Kumarakom
- Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort Kumarakom, Kerala