“Very Good if you keep expectations reasonable”
other travelers have booked this property
aqua jumbo houseboat suite room BED ROOMS
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
EXTERIOR - AQUA JUMBO DELUXE
aqua jumbo houseboat suite room
BED ROOMS
FRONT LOBBY
Aqua Jumbo Houseboat Entertainment
Aqua jumbo houseboat view
Aqua jumbo houseboat interior
Aqua jumbo houseboat kitchen with chef
Aqua jumbo houseboat interior
scenic Back water circuits
Back water Lobster recipe
Extra Meal Plan
Back water Farms
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
srinivas...
Bengaluru, India
“Very Good if you keep expectations reasonable”
Reviewed October 16, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Overall a very decent way to spend a day or two, 3 dedicated crew members travel with you for a day and 3 meals served for day inside the boat. If your expectation is of rooms looking like star hotel rooms or crew with uniforms speaking flawless English etc. this place is not for you. If your expectation is to have a decent place: Clean and with all basic amenities like TV, AC at at stipulated time, friendly staff, tasty food, you would be really satisfied with the property. For the amount paid, I found this place very reasonable and value for money.
Note: The actual boat is not as bright and vibrant as shown in the pictures, but still is good and clean. As said earlier if you keep your expectations to reasonable limit you would be satisfied.

Liked best: Staff, backwater cruise
Traveling group: Young Children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Shlepndid...
“Beautiful two nights to we won't forget”
Reviewed October 5, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I stayed with my family two night on the houseboat.

Its was a wonderful trip: amazing views from the boat, beautiful sunsets, interesting places we stopped and got off the boat.

The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was good (since we insisted on no meat, only boiled vegetables, and no spicy food, there wasn't much variety).
Suggestions: bring mosquito repellent, and some alcohol :)

The most interests part was when the captain, Ragdish, stopped at his hometown and showed us his house, family and rice fields.

Tamal G
Bengaluru, India
“A new amazing experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The management probably doesn't understand Hindi, somehow they have managed and met all our demands. These people are very gentle and nice. They have tried to make our stay more comfortable. Here, most of amazing thing is food. They have cooked scrumptious kerela food. We stayed for 1 night only at Kumarakom but I will remember this Houseboat trip forever.

This is one of the thing which I would like to experience again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: food and services
Liked least: bathroom
Indian-TR...
“Unprofessional & Over-priced for their services”
Reviewed July 12, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Had read a lot of good about Aqua Jumbo Houseboat, so booked the property from MakeMyTrip. There were lots of expectations from them. However their unprofessional behavior was an absolute turn off. Lets go into detail review first by the pros & cons of this property.

Pros:
1. Excellent food preparation. The food was absolutely tasty. We ate like hungry kids.
2. The crew members were friendly.
3. Good looking houseboat.

Cons:
1. Unprofessional. They inform address just an hour before checkin. I was already on my way to Kumarokom when they messaged me to come to Alleppey which is an hour away. I was driving as a result I missed the message and in the process I missed 2 hours of time. (Screenshot of the message attached)
2. The air conditioner wasn't working. A cheap A/c of lloyd was fitted which doesn't cool the room even at 17 degrees.
3. Average and Over-priced. Better properties available.

The property qualifies for 3 * rating however a -1 for their unprofessional services.

P.S: Kerala backwaters is simply amazing. And I have thoroughly enjoyed the cruise. However I have kept in my mind not to mix the property review with the feeling of kerala backwaters cruise, which anyway could be enjoyed by any house boat. Don't get carried away with the reviews which is inclined to their experience of kerala backwaters.

Liked best: The food
Liked least: Customer Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 26, 2015
Thank you very much for the review. I am really happy to know that you could experience the backwaters with yummy food made by our chef. I hope that the crew members were excellent guides to explain the places on the routes and their importance. First of all I am thankful to you for mentioning all these positive things.

But at the same time, I am sorry to hear about the problems you experienced. Let me go into it.

1. First of all I want to tell you that you made a booking through Makemytrip under Alleppey section. I don`t know why you didn`t go through voucher which mentions Punnamada Jetty, Alleppey as the boarding point which is a very famous place ( Voucher copy still on file as proof). Since you were new to Kerala and drove your own car, it might be the reason for the confusion of two places. If you would have come by cab or made us a call a day before, would not have lead to your late arrival. We message the guest the address of the location the same day even though they have a voucher. I don`t think every operators does it. If the guests don`t arrive at correct check in, we usually call them to get updated. I don't think carelessness in locating the boarding point means we are Unprofessional. We didn`t had any such experience from other guests.

2. Based on my inquiry with the staffs and periodic check of feedback book, the problem of A/C was not reported by anyone.

3. Averaged : You already mentioned that you enjoyed the backwater cruise on a good looking houseboat and nice staffs. Even though you had a nice experience, I don`t know why you still mentioned as average. You cannot expect the luxury facilities of hotel on a deluxe houseboat you booked. The houseboat is more reflecting the natural serenity. Finally, the star rating of a property is not judged if the guest had difficulty in locating.

Overpriced : I am pretty sure that you have compared all other houseboat properties and their prices in Makemytrip before you made a booking with us. You must have found ourselves reasonable in prices because I know some properties are priced higher than us.

The positive reviews we have about our property is not only just because of the backwater experience, but also due to our quality of service, food and overall condition of the houseboat.

Best Regards
Manager
Travelgir...
Mission Beach
“Just Superb”
Reviewed March 18, 2015 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

Our trip on Aqua Jumbo is one that we will treasure and look back on forever. The magical beauty of the backwaters combined with the awesome houseboat was just heaven. The guys on the boat we there to tend to our every wish. So relaxing and fun. It would be the perfect thing to do on a honeymoon. I'm looking forward to revisiting the backwaters and Aqua Jumbo! Thankyou!

Liked best: The Food and service
Liked least: nothing I didnt like
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
archit123
Hyderabad, India
“Great food and very hospitable”
Reviewed February 19, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked this house boat after reading a lot of review and i must say it was worth it.
The food they cooked was yummy and they took in consideration our choice and cooked the food in sunflower oil rather than in coconut oil.

The interiors of the room were average but overall the stay in the boat house was comfortable and enjoyable.

RitaCasab...
Paris, France
“Good”
Reviewed January 23, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Hello,

The trip on the houseboat Aqua Jumbo was very nice, the service excellent, the food was good. The room was ok, but not exceptional. The boat is a little bit old. Some light bulb out of order, especially in the room! Not too much light in the room the night. A bit expensive for that matter (around 170€ tax included) but overall was ok. The trip during the day was great!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing