When booking this I looked at the Taj, Lake resort, and Zuri. After going to the other 2 properties I feel that I made the best choice. The Taj looked old and not inviting. The Lake resort was a beautiful property but the facility only has open air dining. Didn't want to give the mosquitoes easy access during meals.
My stay was June 24th-27th, I had the Pool Villa and my review is based on the pool villa.
1 Amazing Staff-so attentive to any request.
2 Property is beautiful and well taken care of.
3 The room was a great size and had a beautiful view of the vembandad lake.
4 I loved the outside shower-bathrooms will be fine for american guest
5 Gym, spa, shared pool area very nicely done.
6 Food was decent, kids loved it. Its great for western guest.
1 The rooms are in need of renovation. Behind living room TV the cable outlet missing plate
2 The rooms need to be cleaned better. I moved the nightstand to plug in the iPhone and it was a dirt fest.
3. The bed mattress are cheap and not comfortable
4. Originally used them to book house boat, was charging 2.5x more than a outside vendor. Got a similar class boat for cheaper using trip advisor.
Overall it was worth the money, just when your paying almost 20,000 rupees a night for a room you expect a lot. I am glad I booked with Zuri over the other 2 resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If heaven was a place on earth, it would be on the banks of a breathtaking Vembanad Lake that spreads serenely over 205 square kilometres of picture perfect beauty. And it is. Set in 18 verdant acres on the shores of the Vembanad Lake and just 2 hours from the Cochin International Airport, The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala, Resort & Spa is a five–star deluxe spa resort in Kumarakom, set at the heart of the beautiful Southern state of Kerala–fondly referred to as ‘God’s Own Country’. Standing directly beside the Lake, this Kerala resort offers spacious living–dining rooms, traditional Indian–style bedrooms and individual gardens with private plunge pools.Opened in 2006, The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is the winner of the 2007 and 2008 ‘Best Resort Spa Hotel in India’ title. Home to the largest spa in South India, Maya Spa offers not only western and oriental therapies but also authentic Ayurvedic practices at our resort in Kerala. The distinctive Body Temple, picturesquely situated on an island in the centre of the lagoon, is the perfect location for yoga, meditation or simply quiet contemplation.The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is perfect for an extended break with its idyllic location and world–class amenities. The hotel offers many leisure options, including a large swimming pool with water–spouting elephant sculptures and a luxury spa in Kumarakom with Ayurvedic treatments. The Lime Tree, Laguna Bass and Trunk Call Bar serve very good Indian and international cuisine. Experience the heavenly beauty of Kumarakom in all its tranquil glory. Recreated and preserved to awaken every sense… to experience pure bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Zuri Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zuri Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Kumarakom
- Radisson Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Radisson
- The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala