We stayed at the Zuri, Kumarakom for our first anniversary, and boy we were in for a treat. Since our anniversary falls during the first weeks of October, the season period for the hotel hadn't started yet and practically the entire place was devoid of guests. And because of this, we weren't provided the standard buffet which was part of the full-board package, and had to order a la carte (which turned out to be great, actually). Excellent food, ambience (if you don't mind the surprisingly loud din coming from the kitchen side. The best tables are outside in the non air conditioned section) and service, we were pampered by the staff (maybe because we were the only guests dining there?)
Since we wanted to make this anniversary special, we opted for the huge Presidential Pool villa that guaranteed a spectacular view of the vast Vembanad lake.
We had earlier read one of the reviews here (Gokul D) that reflected some privacy concerns in one of the pool villas, specifically in pool villa 404. And imagine our surprise when we were allotted the very same villa too. It turned out that the poolside if the villa was exactly adjacent to the boat jetty, with a lot of activity distorting the view. We asked to be shifted and were allotted another, more secluded villa further away from the main reception area. Due to this, we were now so far away from the restaurant, we either had to walk almost a kilometre or ask for buggy service each time. Forget about those evening strolls.
Though the villas were all about privacy and solitude, there was actually little of both. The sides of the pool areas actually offered little privacy, as we understood the neighbours could see into our pool area, if we could see into theirs so easily. The pool was even visible from the outside pathways, so mind yourselves if you happen to relax 'a little too much' for your own comfort. As if this wasn't enough, the cleaners crossed the bush-fences while we were inside, unannounced and went about their jobs (they were however trained not to gawk at tourists)
Don't miss the daily 5pm boat ride around the lake. It's amazing.
Also worth mentioning is the huge Maya Spa inside the resort. Go splurge inside it. It's one of the best gifts you could give yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If heaven was a place on earth, it would be on the banks of a breathtaking Vembanad Lake that spreads serenely over 205 square kilometres of picture perfect beauty. And it is. Set in 18 verdant acres on the shores of the Vembanad Lake and just 2 hours from the Cochin International Airport, The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala, Resort & Spa is a five–star deluxe spa resort in Kumarakom, set at the heart of the beautiful Southern state of Kerala–fondly referred to as ‘God’s Own Country’. Standing directly beside the Lake, this Kerala resort offers spacious living–dining rooms, traditional Indian–style bedrooms and individual gardens with private plunge pools.Opened in 2006, The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is the winner of the 2007 and 2008 ‘Best Resort Spa Hotel in India’ title. Home to the largest spa in South India, Maya Spa offers not only western and oriental therapies but also authentic Ayurvedic practices at our resort in Kerala. The distinctive Body Temple, picturesquely situated on an island in the centre of the lagoon, is the perfect location for yoga, meditation or simply quiet contemplation.The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is perfect for an extended break with its idyllic location and world–class amenities. The hotel offers many leisure options, including a large swimming pool with water–spouting elephant sculptures and a luxury spa in Kumarakom with Ayurvedic treatments. The Lime Tree, Laguna Bass and Trunk Call Bar serve very good Indian and international cuisine. Experience the heavenly beauty of Kumarakom in all its tranquil glory. Recreated and preserved to awaken every sense… to experience pure bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Zuri Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zuri Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Kumarakom
- Radisson Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Radisson
- The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala