“Zuri Kumarakom - God's Own Resort!”
Review of The Zuri Kumarakom

The Zuri Kumarakom
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Kumarakom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at the Zuri Kumarakom in Jan' last in a Superior Lagoon View room. Spacious room with all amenities. Very comfortable with the balcony opening out to the garden and the lagoon. The bathroom with separate shower and bath tub is very roomy. The landscaping inside the resort is excellent. It is very child friendly. Well spaced out resort with a nice pool spa equipped with jacuzzi sauna and steam bath. Fully equipped Gymnasium. The games room has a huge snooker table. The resort offers a sunset cruise in the vembanad lake. There are cycles for kids and adults to move around the resort which is a very good activity.

The staff are friendly and courteous. Very helpful.

There are 2 restaurants at Zuri. We tried the buffet restaurant Lime tree as we had a full board package. The food is average. Not much of the local flavor is served in the buffet. It mostly caters to foreigners and North Indians. This is one aspect which the management can improve upon. Breakfast and Desserts spread is good. The packages are for full board hence the guests have no option but to have their meals in the resort. Going around to eat at other places cost a lot by cab as everything is located at a distance.

Though I stayed in the Lagoon View room I visited their Pool Villa. Very well done interior and its double the size of the Lagoon View room with a huge pool overlooking the Vembanad lake. It has full privacy. I will visit the resort again to stay in the Pool Villa. Zuri Kumarakom has cottages too. In all 3 category of rooms.

There is a house boat owned by the resort docked in the Vemaband Lake. Its top class. Booking can be done over phone only.

Highly Recommended Resort to stay at Kumarakom.

Room Tip: Go for the Superior Lagoon View rooms rather than Deluxe. The Superior rooms are located in the grou...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
sarat_valsraj, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for choosing and staying at The Zuri Kumarakom Resort and Spa.
Happy to know that we met product and service expectation and hope to welcome you back.
We have noted the buffet enhancement required and have implemented a spread, to cater a multi-cultural guest profile.
Our new Lime Tree restaurant a-la-carte option will enhance the choices available with matching wines and imported spirits.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed with my family for 2 nights/3 days at the Zuri in the first week of June. When I was making a plan to visit Kumarakom, I was confused to choose between Zuri and KL. Finally I opted for Zuri after thoroughly studying the rooms and activities offered by both the resorts and the prices offered in both.

Now that I had completed my stay at Zuri, I thought of sharing it with the readers. I had booked for a Lagoon view room. As am an I PREFER member, I was lucky to be upgraded to a cottage . The Zuri cottage is a brilliantly constructed one and provides a heavenly experience. It is supremely spacious,has a scenic balcony facing the lagoon next to it. The bathrooms were like more than what you see in a normal 5 star resort.Overall, the cottage is a family delight....MIND BOGGLING.

The hospitality that you get here is unimaginable. Right from the reception to housekeeping to restaurant, it is awesome. One unique features about zuri is its heartwarming hospitality. My baby was taken care wherever i went inside the resort. The receptionist got a tablet which i had urgently needed for my baby during my stay and she door delivered it within 30 mins..A big thanks for that receptionist..

Food is excellent. The buffet is more than value for money.. But i feel that the a'la'carte at lime restaurant is pricy. Hope the prices offered are reduced slightly. A special thanks to the staffs in the restauarant who were so friendly and always behind us.

Spa is world class. Dont miss the Steam bath and sauna which are complimentary.Battery cars are available at will to take you anywhere inside the resort.

I have to finally admit that Zuri made my holiday very special. It is simply because while checking out, I felt like i had taken my child to THE BEST POSSIBLE resort around my planned budget. Thank you Team Zuri.. Will visit you again for sure.

Room Tip: Select the Zuri cottage facing the lagoon.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Vignesh J
sarat_valsraj, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you for the valuable feedback and choosing The Zuri Kumarakom as a stay.
The speciality Restaurant - Laguna Bass open for dinner only serves an array of exotic seafood a-la-carte option.
Our chef will prepare as per guest palate and taste.
Suggestion is important for us to enhance the product and services and meet expectation.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Visited zuri for two nights in the pool villa with my wife and it was worth it. The villa was awesome well maintained and pool was cool with a great view to vembanad lake. Loved the privacy, peacefulness of the property. Staffs were great and showcase excellent hospitality. Could see all of them having smiling and wishing face.
The Check-in was swift and painless. Before even i could realize, We were in our accomodation. The check-out was also as efficient as it could be.
The buffet was good, but I expected more of some exotic fishes like pearlspot, prawns etc. Its just a suggestion.

All in all, it was great. Loved the pool villa, the accomodation, the getaway and peacefullness.

Room Tip: Get the pool villa and probably those from 405 onwards as most of them enough trees in between the p...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
sarat_valsraj, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for those wonderful review on trip advisor.
We have indeed added exotic seafood grills on the live station every night for dinner which is paid as per consumption.
Please do visit our website for the latest packages and hope to see you soon with family.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Me and my husband had a wonderful stay in Zuri. Its been a year since our marriage got over and we have not gone for our honeymoon, so this was a perfect getaway. We had initially booked a room but since we had to wait, they upgraded it to a cottage.The staff - very friendly and co-operative and we loved our rooms !!! Cottages facing the lake.. It was clean and had plenty of privacy. We also did a full body rejuvenating ayurvedic massage from Maya spa and it sure did live up to its name. Being a Keralite, I am used to seeing a lot of lakes,backwaters, greenary, but this surely blew my mind away.The rates for the rooms, services and spa were not that expensive. I would also like to mention that their breakfast was heavenly. Their choice of dinner was not that elaborate.The mode of travel through the resort was through bicycles and i thought that it was pretty eco-friendly. This is one resort that will never disappoint you. We are planning to come back next year :) Cant wait!!!!

Room Tip: The location of the cottages are a bit more nicer and pleasant. Make sure you dont leave the balcony...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Theertha R
sarat_valsraj, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for the valuable feedback and choosing to visit The Zuri Kumarakom resort and spa.
Monsoon has set in and the lush green vegetation along with the backdrop of the Vembanad Lake add a picture perfect holiday destination.
Dr Sunil at the Maya Spa has a few recommended monsoon packages in Ayurveda and International Wellness.
Hope to welcome you back with family and recommend friends to this backwater destination too.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Loved every minute of my stay at the Zuri; starting from the warm welcome with coconut water; the idyllic backwater landscape and beautifull pool villa; my kids loved bathing in the private pool. Awesome food, great choices and lovely spread! I also liked the musical and dance evenings organized for the guests. All staff so courteous, chefs ready to pamper you with whatever you desire, Ah,, this place is definitely recommended for all who want to lie back and relax in Kerala, God's own country

Room Tip: Go for the pool villa
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
sarat_valsraj, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Thank you so much for the feedback and for choosing "The Zuri Kumarakom" as a destination.
The Zuri Kumarakom is on the Backwaters of the Vembanad, offering a splendid setting for a complete rejuvnation and holiday with family.
Thereby the resort tagline says " Welcome Back" as we have guests coming and experiencing Hospitality the way it is meant to be.
Personal in the resort do their best to meet expectations of every guest.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Hygiene to perfection. Well maintained a resort. What a delight when you walk into the foyer and entrancce of the reception. The sunset is an absolute beaut right outside our room. The restaurant staff are really so efficent and right at your beck and call for what is great client service. The chefs really are so part of you at dinner time and so ar their managers. Really, a great resort to renew your wedding vows or for a stunning honeymoon getaway. I loved this resort with its pool area and a beautiful jacuzzi. Breakfast, teatime treats and dinner were divine and delicious. Really enjoyed the outside shower like a little girl- amazing was really something different. Someday, Sometime wanna comeback............

Room Tip: Really bright, quiet, peaceful, fragrant fresh and hygiene most of all.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
sarat_valsraj, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for the valuable feedback.
We are a HACCP certified resort and on our way to a ISO 22000 resort as we strive to achieve a benchmark in quality and process.
Hygiene standards are a critical parameter along with timely upgrading of Product and Services.
Hope to welcome you back, soon for your next visit.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife, sister and brother in law were there for a day and night's stay. We had two cottages facing their lake. I must say, this was the best resort I have stayed in so far. The trip was memorable partly because the staff was very friendly and helpful. Minor issues were soon taken care of , as soon as I called front desk.

We really enjoyed the Maya Spa's full body rejuvenation massage and the view from the rest area into the pool and the lake. I thought the bicycles were a fantastic idea to get around and explore the resort, although I wish there were more bicycles lying around. The breakfast they provided was fabulous. We enjoyed the bar's happy hour prices and nicely prepared drinks.

Every since I got back, I have been recommending Zuri to everyone. I will come back, the next time I am in Kerala.

Room Tip: Its probably best to choose a less sunny room, since its Kerala and it can get really hot. Although...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
sarat_valsraj, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for the valuable feedback and choosing The Zuri Kumarkom as a destination.
Our Guest relations assist for the activities in the Resort.
Cycles,Fishing in the Lagoon,Paddle Boat,Playstation in the Kids Room along with outdoor activities like Village Excursions,Historical Temples and Church visit along with shopping for spices.
For seafood lovers the Chef will dish out tailor made preparations at our exclusive seafood restaurant - Laguna Bass which is open for Dinner.
Maya spa with Ayurveda and international wellness is a place to relax and rejuvenate.