I stayed for 3 nights at the Zuri Kumarakom in Jan' last in a Superior Lagoon View room. Spacious room with all amenities. Very comfortable with the balcony opening out to the garden and the lagoon. The bathroom with separate shower and bath tub is very roomy. The landscaping inside the resort is excellent. It is very child friendly. Well spaced out resort with a nice pool spa equipped with jacuzzi sauna and steam bath. Fully equipped Gymnasium. The games room has a huge snooker table. The resort offers a sunset cruise in the vembanad lake. There are cycles for kids and adults to move around the resort which is a very good activity.
The staff are friendly and courteous. Very helpful.
There are 2 restaurants at Zuri. We tried the buffet restaurant Lime tree as we had a full board package. The food is average. Not much of the local flavor is served in the buffet. It mostly caters to foreigners and North Indians. This is one aspect which the management can improve upon. Breakfast and Desserts spread is good. The packages are for full board hence the guests have no option but to have their meals in the resort. Going around to eat at other places cost a lot by cab as everything is located at a distance.
Though I stayed in the Lagoon View room I visited their Pool Villa. Very well done interior and its double the size of the Lagoon View room with a huge pool overlooking the Vembanad lake. It has full privacy. I will visit the resort again to stay in the Pool Villa. Zuri Kumarakom has cottages too. In all 3 category of rooms.
There is a house boat owned by the resort docked in the Vemaband Lake. Its top class. Booking can be done over phone only.
Highly Recommended Resort to stay at Kumarakom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If heaven was a place on earth, it would be on the banks of a breathtaking Vembanad Lake that spreads serenely over 205 square kilometres of picture perfect beauty. And it is. Set in 18 verdant acres on the shores of the Vembanad Lake and just 2 hours from the Cochin International Airport, The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala, Resort & Spa is a five–star deluxe spa resort in Kumarakom, set at the heart of the beautiful Southern state of Kerala–fondly referred to as ‘God’s Own Country’. Standing directly beside the Lake, this Kerala resort offers spacious living–dining rooms, traditional Indian–style bedrooms and individual gardens with private plunge pools.Opened in 2006, The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is the winner of the 2007 and 2008 ‘Best Resort Spa Hotel in India’ title. Home to the largest spa in South India, Maya Spa offers not only western and oriental therapies but also authentic Ayurvedic practices at our resort in Kerala. The distinctive Body Temple, picturesquely situated on an island in the centre of the lagoon, is the perfect location for yoga, meditation or simply quiet contemplation.The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is perfect for an extended break with its idyllic location and world–class amenities. The hotel offers many leisure options, including a large swimming pool with water–spouting elephant sculptures and a luxury spa in Kumarakom with Ayurvedic treatments. The Lime Tree, Laguna Bass and Trunk Call Bar serve very good Indian and international cuisine. Experience the heavenly beauty of Kumarakom in all its tranquil glory. Recreated and preserved to awaken every sense… to experience pure bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Zuri Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zuri Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Kumarakom
- Radisson Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Radisson
- The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala