My wife and I, with our 8 month old son were recently in India for a wedding, splitting our time between Delhi and Kerala and decided to stay at the Zuri after much deliberation between the premier Kumarakom resorts. The decision came down to the fact that the private pool villas at the Zuri fitted within our budget.
The resort is beautiful with lovely landscaping and architecture with the backdrop of the lake. The facitlities were top class as well as the food and my wife and I both had spa treatments which were exceptional. Our room was beautiful and luxurious and the pool villa is a must. An international multi adaptor and wifi in the room were nice touches.
The stand out feature of this resort, however, was the service. Attentive, but not over bearing, personal but no too personal. They seemed to pitch it perfectly at every level. Our son looked forward to breakfast every day as the team at the restuarant would welcome him as if they were family! I particularly appreciate the help of Sree for providing surely the most exceptional and personal service we have ever encountered at a 5 star resort. In addition the kitchen staff went out of their way to ensure that our son (and of course ourselves!) was catered for, freshly preparing food everyday.
I have to say my wife and I were nervous about travelling with such a young baby in India but the staff at the resort ensured that all of our fears were allayed, and gave us the confidence we needed for the rest of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If heaven was a place on earth, it would be on the banks of a breathtaking Vembanad Lake that spreads serenely over 205 square kilometres of picture perfect beauty. And it is. Set in 18 verdant acres on the shores of the Vembanad Lake and just 2 hours from the Cochin International Airport, The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala, Resort & Spa is a five–star deluxe spa resort in Kumarakom, set at the heart of the beautiful Southern state of Kerala–fondly referred to as ‘God’s Own Country’. Standing directly beside the Lake, this Kerala resort offers spacious living–dining rooms, traditional Indian–style bedrooms and individual gardens with private plunge pools.Opened in 2006, The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is the winner of the 2007 and 2008 ‘Best Resort Spa Hotel in India’ title. Home to the largest spa in South India, Maya Spa offers not only western and oriental therapies but also authentic Ayurvedic practices at our resort in Kerala. The distinctive Body Temple, picturesquely situated on an island in the centre of the lagoon, is the perfect location for yoga, meditation or simply quiet contemplation.The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is perfect for an extended break with its idyllic location and world–class amenities. The hotel offers many leisure options, including a large swimming pool with water–spouting elephant sculptures and a luxury spa in Kumarakom with Ayurvedic treatments. The Lime Tree, Laguna Bass and Trunk Call Bar serve very good Indian and international cuisine. Experience the heavenly beauty of Kumarakom in all its tranquil glory. Recreated and preserved to awaken every sense… to experience pure bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Zuri Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zuri Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Kumarakom
- Radisson Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Radisson
- The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala