We are a family of 4 currently living in Bangalore so were looking forward very much to escaping that city for a few days. Which we got! This place is very low key, quiet, very relaxing, beautiful surroundings and lushly landscaped. We had a double executive room which had plenty of room for 2 extra beds. Room was clean and well maintained, beds very comfortable. We spent all of our first day by the pool, lying in the hammocks and relaxing. The restaurant served meals by buffet, there was good variety, acceptable level of spiciness for children, and all very delicious. We had two nights there, and then one night on the house boat which was a real treat. Gently cruising the lake and backwaters, so quiet, very unobtrusive service from our skipper and cook. The only complaint about the house boat we have is there were only 2 towels between the four of us, and the beds only had a bottom sheet, and a blanket. The blanket smelt clean, but would have preferred to have another sheet between me and the blanket!!! Overall a great place to stay if you are looking for peace and quiet. Our 13 and 10 year olds also enjoyed it, we could have done one more night, but for this age group that would have been enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backwater Ripples offers 34 luxury independent cottages in a variety of styles to cater various requirements. The accommodation is spacious, private and superbly appointed with state of the art designer amenities and personalized services. The resort has wide range of facilities to make sure a comfort and memorable stay in our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Backwater Ripples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backwater Ripples Hotel Kumarakom
- Backwater Ripples Hotel Kottayam
- Backwater Ripples Kottayam
- Backwater Ripples Kumarakom, Kerala