Having never been to Kerala I was super excited when I planned a trip to Kumarakom and Kovalam for my anniversary. Kumarakom is about a 2.5 hour drive from the airport, it's quite a scenic drive but nothing special. We got to the hotel- I had mentioned that it was a special occasion on the phone earlier and being Taj members, we got a 3 level upgrade!
The villa was beautiful, spacious, well decorated but quite simple and overlooking the lake. The best part was the open air shower which was lovely. The highlight of this hotel is the staff, they are so attentive and even called our next hotel- Taj in Kovalam to inform them it was our anniversary and put in an upgrade request. Although a small property, it is quaint but not luxurious or much to do but a great getaway for one night.
It was basically empty when we went but very peaceful and calm, the food was great and the staff was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala