We stayed here in sept n hence I got a good deal(off season). The overall experience was good. I loved the serenity n peaceful kumarakom. It's a hamlet surrounded by vembanad back waters. Go here only if u are looking for a quiet n lazy vacation. Vivanta by taj lived upto their brand. The management was warm n hospitable. They gave us complimentary cake. and while on our way back packed a boxful of complimentary sandwiches. I loved their lake view cottages. The lake has almost all the migratory birds. We got a free upgrade to their suite cottage. Simple loved the luxury of the suite villa. It has private pool. The resort offers small activities like fishing, fish, geese, rabbit feeding, kids activities, boating and boat ride in vembanad every evening. The resort is beautiful and close to nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, DerbySoftTaj, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala