Great activities for kids like fishing , boating ,cycling, clay modelling, rabbit feeding , trip to village and trekking in bird sanctuary . The staff coordinating these activities is very friendly .
The resort is has a lot of natural beauty and there is minimum artificial landscaping .
The sunset cruise is very well organized and the activity coordinator acts as a guide.
The best part is the evening cultural program ( classical music and various dance forms of India ) and the lightening of the approx 1000 lamps by the local village ladies inside the resort ( around the big lagoon )
The staff is very friendly , food is great and the management goes an extra mile in ensuring that you have the best of the experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, DerbySoftTaj, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala