This place is magical. I had read mixed reviews but cannot imagine how anyone would not love this place. The service, food and ambience was totally 5 star. The decor was even more beautiful and traditional than from the pics. I was happy to see that there were actually Indians staying there as well as Europeans. The buffet is superb, especially the local Kerala cusine (spicy) although I didn't sample the Continental food.
The staff was extremeley proffesional and courteous. We stayed one night on a houseboat which was incredible, but the only problem was the boat motor has to remain on all night if you want A/C in your room, which was a little noisy. The chef on board prepared the best meal we had on our entire trip (21 days).
We stayed at the Meandering pool villa, from which you can slip right into the pool, which I highly recommend. The cottage was a little dark, and the bathroom is an open-style bathroom, meaning the roof is open, but it does feel completely private. There are tons of birds chirping in the morning, and even a stray rooster in the background. The ayurvedic spa was great too.
In general the whole atmosphere is very serene and quiet.
There isnt much to do at night..and the place stays very quiet after dinner, but they do provide entertainment during dinner time every evening. There are very few young people staying. Also, don't expect to go to locally for evening entertainment since the resort is pretty remote. It was perfect as a honeymoon spot because of the quiet and privacy. I highly recommend this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerala's leading resort by the side of famous Vembanadu lake, the largest backwaters of Kerala, located north of Kumarakom. An ideal backwater resort for honeymoon holidays, leisure holidays, family vacation, etc. All the villas are centrally air conditioned - There are 7 lake view heritage villa with plunge pools, 15 Heritage Garden view Villas with plunge pools, 26 meandering Pool Villas, 9 Luxury Pavillion Rooms with heated Jacuzzi, 2 Presidential Suite with private Pool and 4 Air conditioned House boats with 7 rooms. Air conditioned Conference hall with 85 Pax theatre style seating facility available. 100 seater restaurant with traditional Kerala architecture, 45 seater seafood restaurant with bar available. Kerala's traditional Ayurveda, Yoga, and backwater cruise facility available. The entire resort is Wi-Fi enabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kumarakom Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Lake Resort Kerala