The Kumarakom Lake Resort is unique and amazing. Luxury and impeccable service in a beautiful environment comprising rare and wondrous examples of traditional Kerala architecture (the resort is a World Heritage site and the architecture is worth the trip), spacious and graciously maintained gardens and water features.
The resort centers on the Vembanad Lake and its internal pools (the Infinite pool and the unique meandering pool) and features 2 restaurants, an Ayurvedic centre, houseboat and sunset cruises, activities, etc. etc.
We spent 4 days and 3 nights there in a 2-story villa along the meandering pool. Occasionally, a few people swim by but there is really total privacy. The rooms are designed in the style of old Kerala architecture (including many historical elements) and have full amenities. Our villa had an outdoor shower in the bathroom, completely private and divine. The meandering pools and infinity pool have very clear and clean water without much chlorine at all (must be constantly replenished). Some of the nicest pool water I have ever swum in. The sunset cruise is good but a little disappointing (good music, but the itinerary is a little short, and the boat/barge a little industrial in feel - a real houseboat would be better).
The food in both restaurants is truly outstanding and very varied (both South Indian, north Indian and Western selections) - probably the best most refined food we had in all of Kerala.
The Ayurvedic centre is full-service and very high-quality. An abhyanga massage there is totally worthwhile - an experience you won't forget.
All in all, this resort is paradisaical and there is the temptation to stay there entirely or longer, but you wouldn't see the other elements/aspects/places of Kerala. It's an amazing luxurious haven, considered perhaps the most beautiful resort in India. Not at all cookie-cutter, everything is unique and delightful. The staff are also so friendly, interesting, attentive and interactive. My whole family loved it. Of course, it's not cheap, but a very worthwhile sojourn on your tour of Kerala, if even for a short time. Don't go there first, as you'll be spoiled, go there last on a 3-week trip, as we did (it's about 1-2.5 hours from Kochi depending on traffic, etc.).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerala's leading resort by the side of famous Vembanadu lake, the largest backwaters of Kerala, located north of Kumarakom. An ideal backwater resort for honeymoon holidays, leisure holidays, family vacation, etc. All the villas are centrally air conditioned - There are 7 lake view heritage villa with plunge pools, 15 Heritage Garden view Villas with plunge pools, 26 meandering Pool Villas, 9 Luxury Pavillion Rooms with heated Jacuzzi, 2 Presidential Suite with private Pool and 4 Air conditioned House boats with 7 rooms. Air conditioned Conference hall with 85 Pax theatre style seating facility available. 100 seater restaurant with traditional Kerala architecture, 45 seater seafood restaurant with bar available. Kerala's traditional Ayurveda, Yoga, and backwater cruise facility available. The entire resort is Wi-Fi enabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelClick, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kumarakom Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Lake Resort Kerala